Tracked Chipper Hire

Highland Forestry

HI All,

Does anybody know anyone in Scotland doing chipper hire??

I possibly have the requirement to hire two x tracked chippers, would require something like 7 to 9 inch, for approximatley a month.

Does anybody have any idea how much a new tracked chipper would cost? What would be a good price?

Any ideas/contacts greatfully appreciated,

Cheers,

Matt

Id try Saptec.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI All,

Does anybody know anyone in Scotland doing chipper hire??

I possibly have the requirement to hire two x tracked chippers, would require something like 7 to 9 inch, for approximatley a month.

Does anybody have any idea how much a new tracked chipper would cost? What would be a good price?

Any ideas/contacts greatfully appreciated,

Cheers,

Matt

Drove through Tomintoul in December and noticed several new looking TW chippers in a yard, easy to spot if you drive up the main street. Worth a look if you are near.

Chippers in Tomintoul??? hmmm

I'll have a look next time i'm through.... Tomintoul is like a twilight zone... cant imagine much happening over there, unless the crown estate were installking a new flower power birdy lover walking route or something.

Cheers Buzz - will have a look!

I got some prices in for chipper hire today, had several ranging from £600 a week through to £350 a week... seems there's a big difference in pricing.

I was in a place in inverness about a year ago, a stihl dealership, i can't remember the name of the place but it was across the road from halfords and that big outdoors shop. behind the garage. anyway, he was talking about hiring out greenmech chippers. those safetrack ones are the daddy for rail work. they go anywhere.

hope that helps.

i'm not sure, i can't remeber the name of the place, if you come down off the bridge then turn right at the roundabout, instead of going down the a9, then maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a mile, in on the left down one of those roads. i think there was a husky dealer on the other side of the dual carriageway. i think he sells the greenmech chippers (the stihl dealer). he was asking my opinion of them cos he was gonna be hiring them.

there was also a guy out towards fort george just before ardersier(?) on the b9039. i think he would hire a chipper but maybe just pto ones.

my new phone is quality!! it has a map of the world on it!! inverness at least!

LOL I get lost going to inverness and it's only 25 mins drive!

I'm pretty sure Macgreggors would be the Husky dealers, and possibly

LAS Plant for chippers as they are Stihl main dealers.

I'd not thought of them, i'll have to give them a bell.

I did try A Plant on the net - they want £1450 a week for a tracked chipper!! :scared1::thumbdown:

LOL I get lost going to inverness and it's only 25 mins drive!

I'm pretty sure Macgreggors would be the Husky dealers, and possibly

LAS Plant for chippers as they are Stihl main dealers.

I'd not thought of them, i'll have to give them a bell.

I did try A Plant on the net - they want £1450 a week for a tracked chipper!! :scared1::thumbdown:

It would have been LAS Plant, They hire out chippers[ greenmech], and cherry pickers, they're also Stihl dealers.

Head for HIS , but don't turn down at plumb centre and they are on the right.

As said before , there is the lad at Ardersier, can't remeber the name, we bought the log splitter from him.