Husky 42 problems

SiW

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go, this is the impulse tube of the 136. They fail frequently and are easy to access by removing the carb and mounting bracket.

[ATTACH]120294[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]120295[/ATTACH]

Ooooohhhhhh Barries dirty photos, pure smut, we like the one that is sticking out of the oiled cylinder....filth:blushing::lol:

Here we go, this is the impulse tube of the 136. They fail frequently and are easy to access by removing the carb and mounting bracket.

[ATTACH]120294[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]120295[/ATTACH]

Thanks a lot Barrie (and pressurisers)- you may well have saved me hours - we'll see - mine is a 36 - is it close to a 136 in design?

Ta

[ATTACH]120294[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]120295[/ATTACH]

mikerecike-albums-mikespics-picture6367-20130411-133507.jpg

Well after finally figuring out how to get that white plate off! I found the impulse tube and it seems fine - it doesn't seem to be sticking out far? is that right - and i guess the seal is made when the white plate with tube goes back and presses against the inside of that impulse tube - pushes it against the hole in the cylinder?

Fitted a new fuel line and filter just in case that was drwing in air. Prob is that racy lean type idle - can't tune - chain suddenly races.

Carb in us cleaner - filter was a bit rustyish - could that have caused these symptoms? Also metering lever marginally low - could that have caused that lean running

Whilstit's apart at this stage is there anything else I should check - should i put some hylomar or something around outside of impulse tube?

cheers folks

mike

The Grey carb boot can leak under pressure on old ones, it would be worth replacing both and if this doesn't fix it, the clutch side crank seal is the most likely problem area.

Could the 42 have a carb boot issue as I called into dealers and they said they couldn't find fault, took saw out back and after a couple of cuts saw was running on and cutting out as before. So it seams to be after the saw has been put under load, dealer now thinks it could be clutch issue