All Terrain Tyres

G'day Spruce

They dont make the bfg in 255 55 19 so will be getting generals in the next few weeks. I only do around 12-20,000 miles a year so my last bfg went out of shape before they wore out. 5 years and the inside of the case fell to bits about 80,000 miles and still had 4mm left in them. The new ones I replaced them with did not feel great on tarmac but the truck had 150k on it so was a bit loose.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had some Hankook AT on my 110 sw and they were very nice, 265's as i remember. They were mail order with the wheels inc. balance and all 4 came to about £500 delivered from memory.

Hankook Dynapro MT's here (RT03) - well pleased...

I had the AT2's on my old Terrano. It used to go everywhere with those on. Even pulled the transit (with chipper attached) across a very boggy field once.

Now have a hilux with Toyo Open Country AT on (only the rear) seemed pretty good in the snow, grip very well on the tarmac when a little heavy footed but I'm not sure they last anywhere near as long as the BFG's.

Had the Toyo Open Country before the above current Hankooks; wish I'd just gone with full MT's in the first place, the Toyos were arse twitching in the wet on tarmac (postively dangerous imo) and ok off road until it got wet. The Hankooks on the other hand are less direct on the road but awesome in the slime.