Parkrun

Rupe

Running my first ever Parkrun this week after quite a lot.of time recovering from an Achilles injury. Haven't been able to train with much in the way of speedy running yet, but it feels like time to go for it for 5k at least.

The killer could be being ready and warmed up for the 9am start time!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running my first ever Parkrun this week after quite a lot.of time recovering from an Achilles injury. Haven't been able to train with much in the way of speedy running yet, but it feels like time to go for it for 5k at least.

The killer could be being ready and warmed up for the 9am start time!!

Good luck, and don't worry about your time.

Hit my PB bang on today with 22.03, but was 1st in my age group, so the 5 that beat me last time when I got my PB must have either had bad days today or didnt turn up!

Not that position is important, hitting my PB that I set back in march is good, I have doen little run training as all my running is done at either park run or at triathlon events. So all good.

Wonder why it's taken me so long to have a go at this?:confused1::confused1::confused1: What a great event!

Cycled steadily over there in 20 mins which worked well as a warm-up. Had time for a bit of trotting and a stretch before the off.

Never ran in a 5k event before, so was concerned about what pace to go at. The only tactic I had was to start near the back so that I was chasing people, rather than being overtaken all the time. Worked pretty well and I managed a fairly even pace. Next time I'll make sure my laces are tied securely, cos I had to stop to tie them in the final k:blushing: Despite the schoolboy error I was very pleased with the 22:53 time. Faster than any training I've ever managed!

I'll definitely be back for more Parkruns and would recommend it if you've never tried.

The medical profession has considered me as to being in fine health following the raft of tests they ran on following abandoning beta blockers.

My bp was something stupid like 150 over 90 when it was measured two weeks ago, but this is now at a normal 130 over 80, so thats good.

I did only one mid week run last week (And about 50k on the bike), but was pleased to get a 25:07 on saturday, so 24:?? is now firmly in the sights.

Might start pushing myself a little harder now it seems my modified heart is unlikely just to give up the ghost!

Wonder why it's taken me so long to have a go at this?:confused1::confused1::confused1: What a great event!

Cycled steadily over there in 20 mins which worked well as a warm-up. Had time for a bit of trotting and a stretch before the off.

Never ran in a 5k event before, so was concerned about what pace to go at. The only tactic I had was to start near the back so that I was chasing people, rather than being overtaken all the time. Worked pretty well and I managed a fairly even pace. Next time I'll make sure my laces are tied securely, cos I had to stop to tie them in the final k:blushing: Despite the schoolboy error I was very pleased with the 22:53 time. Faster than any training I've ever managed!

I'll definitely be back for more Parkruns and would recommend it if you've never tried.

Glad you enjoyed the experience.

Only done 5 parkruns myself, but I think its great. I am toying with cycling there as well (but its all uphill home, so I would probably gib that bit all call in a car / wife / bike rack combo!)

.....I am toying with cycling there as well (but its all uphill home, so I would probably gib that bit all call in a car / wife / bike rack combo!)

Yeah, I'm lucky to have the bike ride as an easy way to wake up/ loosen up on the way there. Not sure I would relish an uphill journey home though. Sounds tough!

Edited by Bombadil
Typo

Thats a very respectable time!! Your obviously fit, or fitter than you thought!

I ride to the parkrun, its about 15minutes and your right, its a good warm up, but also if cycling is feasable then going in the car would be pointless, a bit like driving to the gym!

Park run is a great thing, everyone should have a go sometime.