Parkrun

Rupe

Did it this morning. Thought i was on for a pb until ankle gave way. Hopefully its just sprained but felt a pop and incredibly painful

Hmmmm, saw the picture of your ankle in the run/cycle/swim thread......

looks nasty - whats the prognosis?

Hopefully you arn't looking at an extended period of watching daytime TV!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torn ligament. Changing to purple now. Got charity cycle in 12 days. Been training for months. Said i would probably be ok if i take it easy and have a good support on it.

No running for at least 4 weeks although i can walk and use cross trainer.

Hoping the recovery is swift, I guess if you are still mobile that is at one thing....

I put my back 'out' for about three weeks once - couldn't do a damn thing except stand up - couldn't lie flat on the floor or anything. when I did sleep it was leaning stupidly across a kitchen chair.

That was by far the worst three weeks of my life.

I swore that I would look after myself properly after that.

One night it just popped back in like magic, and i have abused my back ever since.

C'est la vie :001_smile:

Whats the cycle event you are preparing for?

Its a charity ride from worcester to the forest of dean 53miles and back the next day. Its raising money towards my friend adams cycle across africa next year. 4000km

Are you helping to pay for his holiday of a lifetime adventure?

As for

My ankle its bruising up now. Lot more mobile and doing little exercises.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

Mind you don't bugr it up again whilst 'camping' though!

I didn't Parkrun last week. Volunteered instead. Got issued with a short training course and a barcode scanner, which was OK as I was happy to have a task with the least possible responsibility.

Just imaging if you are dishing out the place number barcodes and you dropped the stack all over the floor - nightmare. :blushing:

Back at it for this saturday. Been doing a few 5k runs and 25k cycles to ease back in gently.

Back with a vengeance after my one week of exile from competing.

Celebrated by coming sixth in the ‘old git – male 40-44’ category, with a time of 25:49.

Only ran with 55 others…. Strong blustery wind to complement the horizontal rain. Nice!

:-)

Edited by Mat