Opinions on this chesnut?

YoGi_93

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

loose bark also potentially psuedomona, often followed by flamulina velutipes, chondrostereum purpureum and Pluerotus ostreatus as secondaries

loose bark also potentially psuedomona, often followed by flamulina velutipes, chondrostereum purpureum and Pluerotus ostreatus as secondaries

"loose bark also potentially pseudomona"?

As for the other fungal pathogens you mention I suppose anything is possible, however there would be a srong evidence of fruiting bodies of F. velutipes and P. Ostreatus present at this time of year.

Regards

Jonny

"loose bark also potentially pseudomona"?

As for the other fungal pathogens you mention I suppose anything is possible, however there would be a srong evidence of fruiting bodies of F. velutipes and P. Ostreatus present at this time of year.

Regards

Jonny

Their season is pretty well over, so no, they wouldnt 100% be present at this time, also usualy fruting in late stages of psuedomona when the bark has flaked away and revealed the strip cankers/necroses

and they arent all pathogens, maybe with the exception of the Chondrostereum which even then needs a weakened host,hence secondary to Psuedomona a gram negative bacterium(non fungal)

Their season is pretty well over, so no, they wouldnt 100% be present at this time, also usualy fruting in late stages of psuedomona when the bark has flaked away and revealed the strip cankers/necroses

and they arent all pathogens, maybe with the exception of the Chondrostereum which even then needs a weakened host,hence secondary to Psuedomona a gram negative bacterium(non fungal)

Oh dear

Tony, I thought you said you were going to stop all this nonsence? You openly promised here on arbtalk!

All of the above mentioned can quite easily colonise as individuals through any type of sapwood damage, pruning wounds etc.

You mention "pseudomona" at first I put this down to a spelling error but you repeatedly type it? Are you trying to say pseudomona? If so then yes it is a gram-negative bacterium, however the meaning "gram-negative" refers to the polarity of a bacteria which is identified by the colour it produces under certain staining techniques, so does absolutely nothing to describe it being "non fungal" as you state! If you are determined to glean big words off the internet to impress or sound knowledgeable it would help if you understood the meaning.

It is most disappointing because I thought you were quite clued up on fungi? Only yesterday were my partner and I out collecting F. velutipes and

P. ostreatus as we like to eat them and they are in abundance!

Jonny

Edited by Steve Bullman
removed unnecessary baiting

Oh dear

Tony, I thought you said you were going to stop all this nonsence? You openly promised here on arbtalk!

All of the above mentioned can quite easily colonise as individuals through any type of sapwood damage, pruning wounds etc.

You mention "pseudomona" at first I put this down to a spelling error but you repeatedly type it? Are you trying to say pseudomona? If so then yes it is a gram-negative bacterium, however the meaning "gram-negative" refers to the polarity of a bacteria which is identified by the colour it produces under certain staining techniques, so does absolutely nothing to describe it being "non fungal" as you state! If you are determined to glean big words off the internet to impress or sound knowledgeable it would help if you understood the meaning.

It is most disappointing because I thought you were quite clued up on fungi? Only yesterday were my partner and I out collecting F. velutipes and

Jonny

the season peaked for flamulina round here weeks if not month or more ago, obviously regions will differ, even from site to site.

I wasnt trying to suggest that the gram negative part was anything to do with it being a non fungal entity just added as a extra when I double checked the bacteria as apposed to Diatom like phytopthoras, as for spelling, well cant get anything right where your concerned and that or rather this is the last time youll talk down to me this way without me playing negative a hole too:thumbdown:

you make this less than friendly mr edgar, and YOU have the cheek to accuse me of being the bully! lol, your a wally mate, and you aint clever

Edited by Tony Croft aka hamadryad

Jonny, if we're being pedantic,

"however the meaning "gram-negative" refers to the polarity of a bacteria" isn't right. Gram stains identify fundamental differences in the cell wall of bacteria and have nothing to do with "polarity" which bacteria don't have. Tony rightly states that they are gram negative bacteria not fungi- so no confusion there.

Oh dear

Finaly, we both joined Arbtalk within days of eachother and in that time I have watched you annoy and irritate almost every member on here sometimes to boiling point, however, it is quite clear that you are a humble, compassionate man that would probably be horrified if he knew how bloody annoying his behaviour was, Tony, when someone has studied for many years, (some at university levell) about a particular subject only to be told they are wrong by someone that has gleaned a paucing ammount of information from a book or the net is undescribeable and I repeat, it makes a mockery out of education, it would have no efect if there was some way of avoiding you, but there isn't, you just crash in on a thread and all reason goes out of the window.

In a previous thread of unreason, Albedo (Paulsbrash) advises " the only way to avoid Tony Croft is to fix a picture of him to the off button"!

That advise is unfortunate, but duly appropriate as you infest this Forum like a pathogenic mycelium.

Jonny

Oh dear

Finaly, we both joined Arbtalk within days of eachother and in that time I have watched you annoy and irritate almost every member on here sometimes to boiling point, however, it is quite clear that you are a humble, compassionate man that would probably be horrified if he knew how bloody annoying his behaviour was, Tony, when someone has studied for many years, (some at university levell) about a particular subject only to be told they are wrong by someone that has gleaned a paucing ammount of information from a book or the net is undescribeable and I repeat, it makes a mockery out of education, it would have no efect if there was some way of avoiding you, but there isn't, you just crash in on a thread and all reason goes out of the window.

In a previous thread of unreason, Albedo (Paulsbrash) advises " the only way to avoid Tony Croft is to fix a picture of him to the off button"!

That advise is unfortunate, but duly appropriate as you infest this Forum like a pathogenic mycelium.

Jonny

This was my original post, which explains more and reduces all the confusion.

This was my original post, which explains more and reduces all the confusion.

there is no confusion Jonny, I am here doing my best, if thats not good enough for you then ....off or just ignore me, there is even a way of ensuring all my posts stop showing up during your viewing.

I am well aware I am a pain in the proverbial, I cant help that, ive had a gut full off people like you all my life, you add little but direct provocation and negative personal insults to any discussion, refuse to answer any questions that might validate your opinion (see a debate on inonotus dryadeus)

Your opinion of me is water off a ducks back my old mucka, as is whatever anyone else thinks, the few that enjoy my postings and many images are the reason im here, and the likes of you are the reason I get pissed and leave from time to time :thumbdown:

I know I am an idiot with no papers to his name, but at least for me there is room for progress, with you, your clearly at the top of the game and have nowhere to improve cos your already top tool in the box!:lol:

Jonny, unbelievable that you would repost that after i clearly removed it on good grounds. You have a 7 day ban as a result, up to you if you want to come back after that, either way makes no odds to me.

And Tony, you don't help either.

Now if we can kindly stop derailing this members thread with utter crap i'm sure everyone would appreciate it, thanks