What would you price this Alder at?

Rhob the Log

Looking for a little help on the pricing of an Alder copse we're felling. Got about 10 cube so far (no air, calculation was length x height x depth, all x 0.4) so far in 2 1/2m lengths 600 yards away from roadside...in an SSSI we're not allowed large 4x4 access to...with a 1 ton hiab as our only forwarding stategy. Once roadside it can be trailered out.

Trees range from 15 - 45cm dbh. Will be selling in the round mostly as we don't have a processor.

Now I know alder's not the greatest firewood, dries to lighter than a feather, plus doesn't have a long burn but it's a by-product that would make us a little money which would further the woods' conservation aims. Should we mix loads with birch and larch if possible? New to this so any help would be good. The voluntary warden keeps on that 'the going rate is £33 a cube' though where he gets that from I don't know. Maybe without air gaps. Can upload a few pics if that helps tomorrow evening. Cheers for your brainwaves.

Here we are, some pictures. Felled another 40 trees today so should bump up the total. Re-measured the large stack pictured - 8 x 3.10 x 1.70m.

Current plans are for an auction to homeowners, summer extraction by 4x4. Stances change quickly when next years' budget is revealed...

:001_rolleyes: Make up 4 stacks into equal sizes. Around 3 artic loads by then I should think though we're stopping when the Alder comes into bud.

Anywho, would still appreciate advice on price as a friend of mine would like to buy a woodlot from it.

IMAG0112.jpg.6937b96bb5e96216c0c932285cd46cbc.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg.2cd7abed988e220218ec6b6a8f22530f.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg.668df8da0cf162874f49b18deb0e5032.jpg