Forresters Fund For Children - Vardis Scam Warning

bill

They called me on thursday saying that they saw I was a new business and they got my number from some local commerce, I was selceted to go to some meeting with 30 other local businesses, and you end up advertising on a wall planner that goes to some 200,000 local businesses apperantly!!!

Told him I was a sub-contracter and it wouldnt really affect my 'business'.

Be suspisious of any cold caller on behalf of any book, brochure, magazine, wallplanner etc. Never ever have anything to do from them. You have been warned.

This week it was only 2 callers. One seemed to imply we had spoken before 3 months before, a standard tactic it seems. I corrected him and he appologised for the error and hung up, the second was insistent till i told him to F-off, then he gave up. Once one even threatend me with prosecution for swearing at him till I gave him the best an old woodsman can muster and his ears started bleeding.

Since i got scammed last year, and local Trading Standards took over the case, I have no more probs with it. Seems they have blacklisted me as one not to be approached, sob sob. If you do get caught, report it to TS, they can only act on your information, and will give you good advice.

REMEMBER: Never answer any question to the affirmitive, as they manipulate the recording of the calls to make it a verbal agreement. If you do slip up, and they threaten you with bailiffs, or court, call their bluff, ask for the proof of verbal agreement (the recording). Even the "court" letters they send are false, any doubts call the local court and query the summons number that should be on it. In the first instance contact Consumer Advice, they then pass you onto the Trading Standards in your area.

verbal agreements do not stand up in court even if they are recorded. also they should tell you that the call is being recorded at the start by law. they dont have a licence to collect the debts either. i agreed to the advertising until i discovered they were a con. im not giving them a penny. loads of people have been had, the mirror have an article on them.