Register of Tree Work Operatives

jaime bray

Hi Jamie

I have a vast array of knowledge , from areas outside of the tree world ,

I see the frustration of many

I see the brillant work done by many

I know the heart breaking feeling of failure of those who aspire only to have their and their empollyees dreams smashed

I see the injustice done by the current system

where the rogues profit , when the good fail beacuse they have too many hurdles to clear . legislation is great when it a level playing field

but when schools & the like can & do employ bloke in a white van using rigger boots, jeans and top handled saws on the ground when these public funded bodies can get away with it

then the altruist goals we all share... mean sod all ,,

as it costs money to stay in business , to do all those things that are required to give oppurtunity to those who ,like us love this way of life

I have now axw to grind I am happt to help and as a lantra awards Arb sector training provider probably would gain from a focus on personal skills however , I am a simple man who 13 years ago set up a tree businees with a 5,000 loan and built on that with a load of pain , joy frustration and happiness.

I see this from many sides as the contractor as the employers as the aspiring new business owner, as a training provider as an Nptc assessor many many roles ,,

I write as a realistic take on what is proposed.. some you will agree with others you will disregard and thats you choice ,, but please remember there are more people in this industry than those who can articulate their feelings & thoughts and those who will hold oppinions other thanthose who are in the steering groups

especially where those consultees may be the same people merely wearing a different hat sat on a different chair..

will can all perhaps be guilty of believing that we are doing is the right and proper thing for the right and proper reasons.

BUT if it doesnt make sense or doesnt gain industry approval [and that does not solely mean the big boys ,, this industry is as was idnetified the lantra study document Andy clark posted are of 1-4 employees]

.as those business owners cant afford the luxury or even want it ,,>? as they already make these decisions day in week out , as if they didnt their business would faiil and their house would be repossesed.

As I have said thorughout I support a positive

but if that is being imposed from the top down with a dog matic approach it will get exactly what it deserves...

I arent saying that this is what you are trying to do but I offer that as a truthful assessment of settiment of rank file arbo's out there

I had hoped to attend stonleigh to contribute ,,, but I live in the north country far from where proper arborists live and it would have incurred too much cost burden for an altruistic event where my input may not have been worth the expenditure

It is hoped that the scheme will assist people in colleges and many other stages of their careers, not purely from the top down.

It is a shame that you were unable to attend as the software and reasoning behind the scheme etc are in some aspects beyond my remit, but really do help to clarify how things will work.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no "point" Jaime. I was replying to your post as quoted, and questioning what you had written.

From what I've read of all of the background paperwork so far, I'm "enjoying" putting this all in to context and actually finding out all of the relevant details that seem lacking within this thread.

I refer to my earlier post in questioning why this level of info was not freely provided by those seeking support for the scheme when faced with the questions asked.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

I can only apologise for the poor content of the thread as you see it. My involvement has not been from the outset, and with all the love in the world staying abreadth of the current developments let alone the history etc behind the scheme doesnt come close to being as important as other things happening in my life.

It is hoped that the scheme will assist people in colleges and many other stages of their careers, not purely from the top down.

It is a shame that you were unable to attend as the software and reasoning behind the scheme etc are in some aspects beyond my remit, but really do help to clarify how things will work.

hi Jamie

good i hope it can work ,,yes its a shame about the briefing ,but its a tough old life

a good point often forgotten I noted a number of threads where guys are struggling either individuals to find employment ,companies struggling to make ends meet , selling kit or even worse sacking staff

I wish the media would stop inferring that the last one out should turn the countrys light off ...

good luck

if you want a sounding board then Im sure you can find me

but for tonight ,, good night

hi Jamie

good i hope it can work ,,yes its a shame about the briefing ,but its a tough old life

a good point often forgotten I noted a number of threads where guys are struggling either individuals to find employment ,companies struggling to make ends meet , selling kit or even worse sacking staff

I wish the media would stop inferring that the last one out should turn the countrys light off ...

good luck

if you want a sounding board then Im sure you can find me

but for tonight ,, good night

Yorkshiremen,

Many thanks for the constructive posts.

You will regret the comment about the sounding board.haha

Regards,

Jaime

I think the point that seems to have been missed Jaime, as has been the case with schemes of this nature previously within this forum, is that various members involved with the scheme have posted all the glitzy "salesman" type patter in order to "sell" the idea of the scheme, but yet don't appear to have been very forthcoming with much in the way of technical detail or straightforward and robust answers to straightforward and robust questions.

Take the links and documents that I've posted for example - nothing more that 5 mins on google, but yet has provided more detail and background of the scheme and its roots, than has been provided by the people that are involved and supposedly keen to sell the scheme and see it progress.

Do you not think that it's perhaps better to change tactic, and actually start learning not to underestimate the "market place"?

I mean yes, the steering group may well be reading these posts - but lest we not forget that so are the rest of the. 2227 views that this thread had received as of 18.22 this evening.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease steering group and Lantra et al, stop making the same old mistakes.

Most of them views will be steering group andy, never trust statistics.lol

P.S. This post is not to be taken as a real post and is not the opinoin of any R2 member. Merely an arbtalker having light humour.

No, i am asking as to whether or not you wish for me to take from a post you made that 5 groundsmen grades will exacerbate a problem, as i take from the manner of your text an incinuation that it is excessive..

If you feel that 5 is great then I must have mis-interpreted your post. Apologies

Ok, let me be clearer......

I believe from experience that having a grading system that creates 5 different grades for a groundsman is non reflective of the wider aspect of the industry - either in it's current state, nor in a way that is in fact sustainable by the wider aspect of the industry going forward.

If the working group would like to discuss my experiences in this field that lead me to make this assertion, then by all means, please pass on my statement and also my contact details.

Ok, let me be clearer......

I believe from experience that having a grading system that creates 5 different grades for a groundsman is non reflective of the wider aspect of the industry - either in it's current state, nor in a way that is in fact sustainable by the wider aspect of the industry going forward.

If the working group would like to discuss my experiences in this field that lead me to make this assertion, then by all means, please pass on my statement and also my contact details.

Consider it done.

Most of them views will be steering group andy, never trust statistics.lol

P.S. This post is not to be taken as a real post and is not the opinoin of any R2 member. Merely an arbtalker having light humour.

No, that's the number of members that have viewed the thread Jaime.

It doesn't record 222.7 repeated views by the same 100 people.

. .

And no, I never trust statistics - you might want to check out the "What's your job title?" thread on the General Chat forum.

Edited by Andy Clark

With 13585 members and the favourite weather girl thread running at 51152 views it would appear that one of us is in the wrong. It must be me, sincerest apologies.

. .

And no, I never trust statistics - you might want to check out the "What's your job title?" thread on the General Chat forum.

Yes I saw that, its wonderful.