Tis the season to see Fungi, fa la la la la....

David Humphries

I tought it was spelt Perenniporia?

It currently has a full crown, the client has requested advise on future management, I have recommended a minimum reduction of 50% - if retained. (There is a large verge to one side and field to the other and no other targets in close proximity once reduced)

What are your thoughts on this Fungi David?

You are quite right Simon.

I'm well & truly busted :blushing::biggrin:

Haven't come across any dramatic failures with it.

I've drilled and picked up on asymetrical trunk decay, probably even cavity.

Supposedly an intense white rot in advanced stages.

We took down a Pop with it a few months back, and was supprised how little decay there actualy was.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/picture-forum/10753-perreniopoplarphenia.html

Nice & fresh sean.

Hope thats just dirt on the lens on the second last shot and not a scratch, second last frond from base?

I have a minute scratch on the lens which in certain lights and angles refracts the light......its a pain the. I read that you have a scratch too? I'm going to look at how much to get it sorted although if its too much then will just have to be spending time on photoshop from time to time.:thumbdown:

Yeah same thing, maybe a little worse than yours, and does reflect badly toward the light.

can still get some decent captures, but it does limit the range of shots.

A little bit gutted about it to be honest, but I guess that when something gets used as much as our cams do, and in the environment that they're not particularly designed for, then it's probably only to be expected.

I think Tony mentioned that it may be possible to have the lens polished.

need to look in to this further too.

I tought it was spelt Perenniporia?

It currently has a full crown, the client has requested advise on future management, I have recommended a minimum reduction of 50% - if retained. (There is a large verge to one side and field to the other and no other targets in close proximity once reduced)

What are your thoughts on this Fungi David?

A 50% reduction will probably give the tree a decent shock and hence give the fungi a chance to race a bit, till the tree, if it can in time, redress the foliage (food) to maintain the battle.

i would 30% now, then hit it again if its responded, or fell if it doesnt respond.

Do an increment core now, and later see what occurs, record the findings for ALL our benifits.

nice post simon, thanks for sharing.

Out with the boys in one of the local parks in north london this morning & came across this interesting combo.

Forming Ganoderma resinaceum on Sorbus intermedia (Swedish Whitebeam) first for me.

Again, a new combo for me with this particular Tree

Inonotus hispidus on Sorbus

IMG_4185.jpg.8d9bd556c02faf7ddebfb812e3de274d.jpg

IMG_4183.jpg.568c3587d44100d6f4cdae34ce039fe0.jpg

IMG_4182.jpg.c17fc2f9e1b843d5bc942f3c3ec57ab0.jpg

IMG_4177.jpg.ddee91f0b0bfc2f2de244a30645e0634.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg.544fd32f870b9d67747dcbfe888e2a3e.jpg

IMG_4186.jpg.18562051a6b56d83e4db3965988e9cfc.jpg