PTS Saw Operative - North Scotland

Highland Forestry

Hi matt not been having much luck trying to find a pts course. Google just seems to throw up loads of stuff down south ect so any info from yourself would be much appreciated to help me find a course and costs ect.

Average price for a 2 day pts course is about £235 including vat. Wide range of companys out there but I am not sure who does them in your area, how ever before that you need a drugs & alcohol certificate £100 and a medical certificate £80 with a company called "health care connections" and you don't need a sponsor either. Also a lot of company's do offer all 3 services with just one payment as well. I am on a waiting list do to my pts course. I bloke did message me from a company called "course plus" the other day & stated a new policy has come in that the 2 day pts course has now changed to a 3 day pts course, which he quoted me £324, don't know how true it is but just be prepared if you may get told this, hope you have some more answers now.

• 2 weeks later...
Average price for a 2 day pts course is about £235 including vat. Wide range of companys out there but I am not sure who does them in your area, how ever before that you need a drugs & alcohol certificate £100 and a medical certificate £80 with a company called "health care connections" and you don't need a sponsor either. Also a lot of company's do offer all 3 services with just one payment as well. I am on a waiting list do to my pts course. I bloke did message me from a company called "course plus" the other day & stated a new policy has come in that the 2 day pts course has now changed to a 3 day pts course, which he quoted me £324, don't know how true it is but just be prepared if you may get told this, hope you have some more answers now.

As far as I am aware the PTS course is still 2 days.

The drugs and alcohol screen and medical can be done by any company registered with network rail to carry our pre employment medicals, for example we use Abermed.

You must have a sponsor to go through PTS - they need the sponsor number to issue PTS cards and medical results..

M :)

As far as I am aware the PTS course is still 2 days.

The drugs and alcohol screen and medical can be done by any company registered with network rail to carry our pre employment medicals, for example we use Abermed.

You must have a sponsor to go through PTS - they need the sponsor number to issue PTS cards and medical results..

M :)

I did a my PTS in December and it's 3 days now. The third day is included in the cost but optional to attend. It's about the conductor rail which isn't relevant to most of the country

Blimey - when you do your COSS recert we get about 2 hours to go over and resit the PTS exam!

Thats because all you COSS lot are such fast thinking intelligent types!!!!

lmfao :001_tongue:

enough of this small talk..........gis a job