Pole Climbing Lanyard/Flipline

chris_girard

Hi guys,

I want to start climbing on my own here in the States for pole climbing and I was wondering what/where you get your lanyards?

I climb daily with a Yale wire-core flip line, but the tree that I plan on training on is a pitchy Pine, and I would like to wrap my lanyard in something that won't pitch my lanyard too badly. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris

My first ever race I used my wire core flip line....school boy error, suprisingly heavy and no grip on the barkless poles. We tend to use 8-10mm hitch cord that runs through a plastic pipe wrapped in bicycle inner tube. where the pipe ends you want vet wrap which is what vets and horseriders wrap round horses legs, this provides good grip and sticks to itself. Pipe is normally 2m long and then the hitch cord needs to be the length of your arms at full stretch so when your flipping you have enough slack in the system. hope that makes sense, if i have any photos i will post but sure flatters will explain things better

My first ever race I used my wire core flip line....school boy error, suprisingly heavy and no grip on the barkless poles. We tend to use 8-10mm hitch cord that runs through a plastic pipe wrapped in bicycle inner tube. where the pipe ends you want vet wrap which is what vets and horseriders wrap round horses legs, this provides good grip and sticks to itself. Pipe is normally 2m long and then the hitch cord needs to be the length of your arms at full stretch so when your flipping you have enough slack in the system. hope that makes sense, if i have any photos i will post but sure flatters will explain things better

pretty much ben, but i think 2m is too long and 1.5-1.7 is better. Add square sponges to the hand grips so if your hand slips its caught on the fatter end rather than loosing your grip.