Why is work so hard to find?

chipper080

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have a daihatsu fourtrak on limited use but was told i was not aloud to drive it on the road with tractor licence before i was told that i was getting a few odd jobs coming in but then had to get rid of it you guy's might nknow some thing about the laws on this but as far as i was aware i could do it and some people i spoke to thought the same if i can i will look into getting one again.

As for gardening i have tried this and when i started i was rushed off my feet for about 3 month then nothing now there are more gardeners here then gardens as outsiders are coming in doing it for next to nothing because they have so many places to do they can.

I have worked most of my life with chainsaws and tractors i have done farming and was doing it for about 7 years but now the farms are going family run so not easy to get in there.

And as i was told once forestry and chainsawing is in the blood.

No offence intended chipper

just doing a bit of research as if i was future employer

reading above post concerns me a little reading other posts concern me a little, enough for me to be warry of employing you .

Sometimes being honest with things you have done is not the best way forward, i know honesty is the best policey but you can drive obvious so why when you have had work have you not spent some of your wages on doing a driving test?

Instead of trying different ways to avoid the right route!

This opens up many more concerns as an employer .

My best advice to you is get a driving licence, i know what you will say can afford it without work! go get some work even if it is stacking shelves in tescos to pay for it get something.

then work your way through your tickets get your basic CS 30/31.

unfortunatlly most employers what to see tickets now adays as insurance companys and health ansd safety want to see them. all to do with PROVING you are competent. back to the driving licence you might be able to drive but what proof have i as i dont know you that you can and will pass a test within the first 6months of working for me!!!

go find any work to get that driving licence the work towards where you want to be.

took me 20 years to get the job i always dreamed of, i here now.

I have got the bacis chainsaw ticket nptc cs30 and cs31 already as for the driving test if i had the money to take it people tell me i could pass first time as they think i am a safe driver (i say the second or third time) but do want to take the test as it is where i want to be independent and free to travel.

No offence take stoxs.

I have got the bacis chainsaw ticket nptc cs30 and cs31 already as for the driving test if i had the money to take it people tell me i could pass first time as they think i am a safe driver (i say the second or third time) but do want to take the test as it is where i want to be independent and free to travel.

No offence take stoxs.

i am sure if you can get a job to pay for the test and pass it you will be fine, work will be coming out your ears. just be economical with the truth sometimes but dont lie!! sounds sillly but you seam to honest or you dont think what you write may be taken the wrong way.

If we had an interview and you told me you had a fourtrac on the road and been told to stop driving it that would really concern me as an employer.

Only tell whats been asked.

The thing is i asked around and i was told i could drive on the road if the vehicle was limited or agri registered and as for the honesty side of me that is the way i was brought up to tell the truth and be honest.

Agree 100%

It is the right way but sometimes you have to hold back from saying to much as it can be interprited the wrong way.

I read you fourtrac as you were driving around illegally and should have known better!

would i employee someone who dirives around illegal? = no

It will come right for you and you will get the break you deserve but be happy to do what ever it takes to get you there and this can be a long way round.

unfortunatlly it might be working for £6 per hour for a while but at least thats £48 more per day in your pocket towards where you want to be.

good luck

Thank you, The way thing's are going i will have to go to the job centre and sign on they might know if some one will help it's worth a try any way i don't like the thought but i have no chose at the moment.

Finance is definitely a problem for you. What does it cost to apply for a driving license in the UK?

I get the impression that you live in a remote village and that your previous employer also possibly lived nearby so transport was not a problem for work before you were made redundant.

You have a tractor driving license? Is there a tractor that you could borrow or rent nearby to get you and your chainsaws to a site within an hours drive?

Perhaps an electric bicycle with a little trailer might also work for you. In the UK electric bicycle use is allowed without a license with a max speed of 15.5mph

Electric bicycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You need to start somewhere as not being mobile is restricing your ability to find work.

Edited by Clada
spelling error

To get provisional licence is £50 plus the tests puts it up to about £300 and i have tried to borrow it and no one will help as if i fail on the first test i will have to find the money for it again not easy.

Trouble is there is not a lot of work near me and will need to go further afield to find the work.

A hour in most tractors is only about 12 to 15 miles.

To get provisional licence is £50 plus the tests puts it up to about £300 and i have tried to borrow it and no one will help as if i fail on the first test i will have to find the money for it again not easy.

Trouble is there is not a lot of work near me and will need to go further afield to find the work.

A hour in most tractors is only about 12 to 15 miles.

chipper

try to more positive with your replies I know you are down but try to look on the bright side of ideas others have for you. electric bike or 50cc moped will get you a few miles , i used a push biek when i first started.,

Try to build on others ideas dont find problems with them all the time.