Toro 48" TriBlade Walkbehind

Tigger the Trigger

Drive to other stuff I've seen is by Vee belts. If drive totally went in an instant, it would lead me to suspect an safety switch has been activated. Did the engine die or was the drive lost while engine still firing? Has an hydraulic override been activated accidentally so that it could be dragged but not driven? Is there two drive motors fed by one pump? Check your hydraulic circuit to make sure that the oil is not stuck at a blocked filter or kinked pipe.....

Thanks for your help Pete.

For the last minute of drive it sounded like v belt was starting to fail(or a woodruff key) then no drive forward or reverse with no engine tone change on drive selection. The cutters work ok and the hdraulic ressistance on each drive wheel is the same, hence the extrication time to winch it on to the ag. trailer to recover it.

Hmmmm. Is a pulley turning on a stiff shaft? Is there enough belt tension? Are the belts or pulleys worn out so that aren't gripping? Is the drive actuator levers actually working the control valve?

Got some assistance to lift it off the trailer, dropped the rear belly plate low and behold the remnants of a very old V belt. now just the wait for a new belt. Why has the cost of V belts shot up in the past few years (or is it just me???????).:confused1:

bearingbros online for belts,top quality and cheeper than my local stockist.

belts for my processor were 7 quid each goodyear,

localy were £17 each + vat cheep crap lasted a day