New versions.

Gerbutt

I thought it'd be a nice idea to have a thread where you can find out about when new versions of bits of equiptment would be coming out. Things like the Rope Wrench, Spider Jack, Hitch Hiker and so on.

I'd like to have a go at SRT so I'm in the market to buy some new gear. The one thing that's holding me back is getting something and then a week later the new version coming out and it being loads better, like the Rope Rench Mk1 & Mk2!

If makers could put info in here that'd be great. If people want to talk about pro's and con's they could start a new thread to talk about it so it doesn't get too cluttered in here!

I can't see manufacturers exactly saying when there new stuff is coming out, as it would stop you buying the stuff tht is already out. It would be great if they did but I just can't see it happening... I think that what sales are for, getting rid of old stock once new stuff is out.

I suppose you're right drew which is a shame really! I was hoping it'd be like when a new iPhone comes out, everyone knows its on its way so you have the choice to wait if you like!

Hello Matt, hope you're well! I'd like to give it a go, can see loads of advantages to it and it sounds to me like its the way forward. The main thing for me is there's never any added friction.

Yes i see you're both as right as right can be! I think I'll wait until I can have a dabble on someone's before I go buying anything.....and if I do get something and a new version come out shortly after, does it really matter, no.....so all's good! Cheers chaps:thumbup: