pics

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry mate i dont understand you make up the number or where do i get a number from ?

surely you dont just make one up ?

When your kit is loler tested each and every item has to be inspected individually, say if you had 2 ropes the same or more than likely 2 binas the same how could you tell them apart???

This is why when you get your weekly check list out you should mk you climbing and rigging individually like my harness is AB1 my Marlow Aries rope is AB2 AB standing for my name, the rigging gear my bollard is RG1 and so on, makes everything easier to identify for loler testing :thumbup1:

When your kit is loler tested each and every item has to be inspected individually, say if you had 2 ropes the same or more than likely 2 binas the same how could you tell them apart???

This is why when you get your weekly check list out you should mk you climbing and rigging individually like my harness is AB1 my Marlow Aries rope is AB2 AB standing for my name, the rigging gear my bollard is RG1 and so on, makes everything easier to identify for loler testing :thumbup1:

yeah mate i know that .i got told i need a ce number for my winch.just wondered where i could get one for it ? :thumbup1:

I think what they are trying to say mate is that the GRCS and Hobbs are designed with the winch towards the top. The ratchet straps towards the bottom, when loaded will force the bollard/winch part into the tree. Where as yours with the 2 ratchet straps will be evenly held against the tree. When loaded the force will be vertical which could increase the likely hood of failure.

The other 2 designs, when loaded, transfer a proportion of that load into the trunk of the tree.

I think that is what Scotspine1 was referring to.

I think what they are trying to say mate is that the GRCS and Hobbs are designed with the winch towards the top. The ratchet straps towards the bottom, when loaded will force the bollard/winch part into the tree. Where as yours with the 2 ratchet straps will be evenly held against the tree. When loaded the force will be vertical which could increase the likely hood of failure.

The other 2 designs, when loaded, transfer a proportion of that load into the trunk of the tree.

I think that is what Scotspine1 was referring to.

yeah i understand what hes saying but i dont understand is that if i take my top strap off .the design would be the same as what you say is better. but no matter what it will still pull to the trunk no matter what if theres one or two straps the force from the rope is still there no matter what

yeah i understand what hes saying but i dont understand is that if i take my top strap off .the design would be the same as what you say is better. but no matter what it will still pull to the trunk no matter what if theres one or two straps the force from the rope is still there no matter what

If you take a look at the pictures you will see the design is different. Now if there was another piece, connected directly to the plate the winch/bollard is connected to then it may look similar. As it stands IMO it looks very different.