No spark on stihl 07

chainsaw surgeon

No spark on stihl 07 can any one help

:confused1:

Sorry.thats a bit vague. As Landrover 101 says, could be plug, or coil, or it could be stop control wiring, or flywheel magnets, or HT lead.

Have you done any tests?

also, is it actually an 07, or an 070 076 etc?

I'm also a bit confused by your name, I initially thought that 'chainsaw surgeon' meant that you mended chainsaws, but I am guessing you doctor trees with a chainsaw?

Sorry.thats a bit vague. As Landrover 101 says, could be plug, or coil, or it could be stop control wiring, or flywheel magnets, or HT lead.

Have you done any tests?

also, is it actually an 07, or an 070 076 etc?

I'm also a bit confused by your name, I initially thought that 'chainsaw surgeon' meant that you mended chainsaws, but I am guessing you doctor trees with a chainsaw?

saw all up and running ,some one had wired up the stop switch wrong way round

it is a 07

saw now runs like a dream

think i might sell it, whats it worth

think i might sell it, whats it worth

Only worth what people are willing to pay, Stick it on the bay in an auction and let the masses decide.

Prices on there seem to be slipping at the moment for good honest saws, cant understand why people pay a fortune for "spares or repairs" or "just got it out of the shed and it wont start" saws. My reckoning is that these saws are being bought up by DIY repairers, given a new chinese top end and the oily rag treatment and resold as just serviced, owned from new saws. There is a lot more to fixing one than that.

I had a 260 and a 250 in the other week with chinese top end on that came off ebay, the 260 was leaking from both crank seals and seized, the new owner had only run it for 5 mins and the 250 had what i can only describe as veseline to seal the cylinder. I did a report on both and they are being persued through paypal for a full refund.

Only worth what people are willing to pay, Stick it on the bay in an auction and let the masses decide.

Prices on there seem to be slipping at the moment for good honest saws, cant understand why people pay a fortune for "spares or repairs" or "just got it out of the shed and it wont start" saws. My reckoning is that these saws are being bought up by DIY repairers, given a new chinese top end and the oily rag treatment and resold as just serviced, owned from new saws. There is a lot more to fixing one than that.

I had a 260 and a 250 in the other week with chinese top end on that came off ebay, the 260 was leaking from both crank seals and seized, the new owner had only run it for 5 mins and the 250 had what i can only describe as veseline to seal the cylinder. I did a report on both and they are being persued through paypal for a full refund.

i now what you mean i buy a lot of saws and some times you get bit in the ass ,i try to be as honest as i can and only sell saws that i would be happy with myself

i bought a ms 260 that whas sold to me with so called good compresion

but whas in fact seized solid ,but as it whas sold as parts or not working there is nothing can do ,just have to strip it for parts?

I think ebay should give you more room in the feedback to write a good description of how the sale went, i dont sell many saws on there any more, used to do about 15/20 machines a week but people started taking the piss. Because ebay is all for protecting the buyer and shafting the seller. We used to get hedgecutters and brushcutters sent back because they "werent what was expected" its "too heavy" the machines had been used so we were been treated like a hire shop. We had to give a full refund and got back a machine that had been used and probably abused. We appealed every case but every time the rosolution centre sided with the buyer. Only sell bits on there every now and then when weve got plenty of one part in stock. To sell now i use the local paper, gumtree and farmers trader.

i agree with you there is no protection for the seller,i have sold saws to buyers that say they are unhappy with them and send them back ,when i have checked them over i find that they have swapped parts over and some times i get back a different saw.

i had one buyer open a case becouse he said he never received the saw but forgot to mention that he moved house and forgot to change his adrress on ebay ,and another buyer that put petrol in the fuel tank and two stroke oil in the chain oil tank thinking it mixed it up itself and blamed me when it blow up.

funny how i seem to always be wrong:confused1: