Anyone run a 576xp AT on aspen?

Dan Curtis

I did try one on aspen straight from the dealer. Drained the fuel they'd put in to set it up, filled with fresh, then couldn't get anything it of it. Would barely tick over, then wouldn't pick up, then ended up with a stupidly fast idle, followed by complete death. The saw was replaced but I'm a bit scared to try on this one incase it happens again:confused:

From what you say above that sounds like an air issue i.e. its sucking in air from somewhere. I ran 3 x 576xp's as when you go to do logging competitions, Aspen sponsers the fuel and theres always enough to take one or two bottles home, which then prompts you to buy more (cause i quite like the smell of it) and the saw definately runs better on the stuff. From my experience of Aspen and the 576, it will run slightly better on Aspen fuel. Hope this helps.

There is no reason not to run your saw on Aspen, and no reason why it should not run.

Aspen fuel is highly recommended by Husqvarna and most saws throughout northern europe will be running on Aspen or some other alkylate fuel.

I am obviously concerned over your initial failure and am interested to know more details of the failure. You say it was replaced, presumably under warranty, so was any reason for the failure given by the dealer or Husqvarna?

There is no reason not to run your saw on Aspen, and no reason why it should not run.

Aspen fuel is highly recommended by Husqvarna and most saws throughout northern europe will be running on Aspen or some other alkylate fuel.

I am obviously concerned over your initial failure and am interested to know more details of the failure. You say it was replaced, presumably under warranty, so was any reason for the failure given by the dealer or Husqvarna?

I have a good dealer locally who came out that week, picked the crocked one up, dropped off the new one. I haven't heard anything about what problems it had, I'll try to find out and let you know:thumbup:

It would be strange for it to be caused by the fuel but apparently it had run fine on the dealer's two stroke the day before I had it:confused:

From what you say above that sounds like an air issue i.e. its sucking in air from somewhere. I ran 3 x 576xp's as when you go to do logging competitions, Aspen sponsers the fuel and theres always enough to take one or two bottles home, which then prompts you to buy more (cause i quite like the smell of it) and the saw definately runs better on the stuff. From my experience of Aspen and the 576, it will run slightly better on Aspen fuel. Hope this helps.

Could have been air, the plug wasn't particularly wet after trying to start it. I'll let you know when I've spoken to the dealer

So I phoned the dealer and was told the problem seemed to be that individual saw and aspen. It's been fixed and re sold.

I ended up being brave and put aspen into the new 576 earlier this week. It seemed a bit down on power for the first couple of tanks then picked up to normal running. I'm chuffed, I much prefer running aspen on the floor:D