double rope progression from prussik??

jnoon

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ATTACH]107730[/ATTACH][ATTACH]107731[/ATTACH][ATTACH]107732[/ATTACH][ATTACH]107733[/ATTACH]

Sorry not the best pics but hope you get the idea

sweet thanks mate going to tie it now, excuse my knowlege on this not but what's the best way to ascend, lean back same as prss then thrust and slide the knot up? Thanks josh

Either invest in a petzl pantin or you need to get used to pulling rope above the hitch, pull 3 times whilst thrusting hold with one hand then pull slack from under hitch, it takes a bit of getting used too but you get the hang of it quickly also I wouldn't use a friction saver to start with as the friction will help you to hold your weight as you pull out your slack. The other way is the o rig I'll try send pics too it works by sliding your system away from you thus enabling you to pull on your rope tail and bodythrusts the pulley advances your hitch ahead of you, once you've reached your desired limb you slide the system back close to your bridge giving you close control of your hitch.

boa is awesome. Cheap and easy to make hitches work. I find a knut works well for me and im on 13mm line. mine self tends and about 5m as long as you pull the rope directly towards the pulley. I bought a hitch climber didnt like it and went back to just a fixed pully and love it. Just keep an eye on the orientation of your krabs :001_smile:

Arran

What didn't you like about the hitchclimber mate?

In response to the OP I'd say the distel is a good knot to go for next, plus you now have some good pics of it. I have my lockjack on my 45m line and switch between a VT/Distel with a hitch climber on my short rope for the smaller trees.

If your a confident climber than by all means try the vt, just be very careful with it and get into the habit of making sure the knot is set before you sit back into it or jump off branches.

Either invest in a petzl pantin or you need to get used to pulling rope above the hitch, pull 3 times whilst thrusting hold with one hand then pull slack from under hitch, it takes a bit of getting used too but you get the hang of it quickly also I wouldn't use a friction saver to start with as the friction will help you to hold your weight as you pull out your slack. The other way is the o rig I'll try send pics too it works by sliding your system away from you thus enabling you to pull on your rope tail and bodythrusts the pulley advances your hitch ahead of you, once you've reached your desired limb you slide the system back close to your bridge giving you close control of your hitch.

ideal mate im just tying it now how long was ur friction cord ?

Can see why you've said that but it is pretty bad practice not to use one for the trees sake. Maybe just for the initial session to get used to it as you say :thumbup1:. I know exactly where your coming from though as I've just got a made up adjustable pulley cambium saver (cheap ropeguide basically :thumbup::001_tt2:) and it does make ascending a bit trickier I found. Smoothness on the lj as a result though more than makes up for it.

O rig! As you can see the splice goes through the ring on my bridge and connects back to the pulley. A small prussic is the important bit this enables you to lock your system within reach and prevents it getting out of reach. So you slide the red prussic while sliding your system to desired distance the do the reverse when you want the system close to youImageUploadedByTapatalk1355599109.599628.jpg.3fa4454f0ec781f28ddf122635d14e7d.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355599098.113182.jpg.5c8f6a7f8bc547c354bcfd6ea6c5a65f.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355599087.858656.jpg.fa5a3c03ecf882dbd7ccba9e3ebe29c9.jpg

Edited by Paulfreebury