New wood shed

blades

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the top rail on and cleared up some soil from the hole boring. The structure feels very solid now. Next job will be a middle and bottom rail.

Once the shed is finished I'll scape the ground and put down about 150mm of sub-base 1.... I hope once compacted this should give me a good floor :thumbup1:

2.7m high x 3.2m wide openings at the front.

P1020812.jpg.b1929cc73cdd74f655b19a5fafb6b830.jpg

Edited by blades

This is where the shed sits in the field.... I managed to get 300 scots pine trees all about 1m high at a really good price (you may be able to see some of these planted in the pic?) eventually the wood shed will be hidden by the woodland.... should be a nice place to cut and store my wood :001_cool: that spot gets the sun all day!!

P1020813.jpg.e63d729d47f687fe545776cecdf67a94.jpg

Nice size, are you going to put in a diagonal wind brace !, just a thought.

Yes I am.... although protected by trees it does get windy up here so some bracing was on the list.... I've gone overkill on the roof trusses as well.... 1 every metre!!

Trusses will need two directional wind braces, one on each side of the pitch, hope that helps and I'm don't teaching to suck eggs. Post a finish photo please

Thank you and no you are not :thumbup1: I'm learning on the 'hoof' so to speak, mostly from reading and asking questions in ARBTALK

Bought this place (to be honest) without truly realising just how much work is involved in a place like this with 12 acres... I now love my chainsaw (and any other machinery I can lay my hands on). I have a full time job so this place has become my full time hobby!!!