Little rigging video from yesterday.

Jack Price

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cool vid bro,

hopefully abit of helpful knowledge and something to think over.....

i wont tip tie anything unless i got a winch pretty much. i think its just dodgy and you can get hit very easily by the piece of wood. i use steel bineer 65kn and done some very big pieces with it. if its getting big i just wrap it round the wood twice, so the friction round the wood takes the weight. i think/know rope on rope snaps with heat and friction.

Slings are good but usually static and meant for straight pulls not dynamic loading. and when you choke it, haves the strength too. where as the rope is/should be more dynamic, and when tightening round the stem works like a shock absorber. this is just the way i think and my theory, which to me makes sense.

kinda the same about using Knots ay, if a bowline can take upto 50% of the rope strength and a splice 90%. surely it break the rope at the knot before the bineer? so less knot and bends the better no?

if the logs are huge then and big butty shackle is better. but i still think bineer would be ok, i snatched a 800kg log, with 3 wraps back on to bineer in Oz and was fine.

i have only seen 1 or 2 old bent bineers and thats when they have been loaded on the nose. and i think a lower kn rating. some feedback/thoughts would be cool too?

everyone different like you say, i got a fair bit experience and when you actually sit down and think about it all makes sense in theory...... and in my case so far touch wood, has worked fine.

Mog

nice post bud, cheers for sharing, something to think about :001_smile: