Bore-hole/tree clash

Hill-Billy

Hi guys, does anyone have any experience of trees interfering with bore-holes? I got a call today from a lady who wants me to advise her on her options for dealing with a 50ft pine - possibly a Cyprus - growing, healthily, 6ft from her bore-hole. Is it possible to do an underground survey of the root-plate to determine exactly where the roots are growing?:001_smile:

thing to think about is

how deep it is

what type of liner was used at the top of the bore

soil / rock type

volume of water used and what is it used for

the condition of liner at the top is what would concern me as the tree roots will be in contact with it and they do not go that deep aways, so if this gives up the bore is in trouble as its job is to stop the top soil caving in.

edit the bore could be a man hole cover with a submasable pump or a dean say a hut but they are not always built above the bore

Edited by NI Tree