Avant 200 - 400, anyone run one?

WoodMouse

For someone just setting up in Arb you are sniffing round some expensive gear and attachments which would take your normal business years of hard graft and a vast customer database to fund

IMO you are either extremely ambitious or on a wind up :001_smile:

Ambitious... Main reason for considering these loaders is that i'd be able to handle larger pieces of timber. Id like to supply wood for round wood post and beam houses. So being able to transport large pieces whole woud be a benefit.

Also thinking about being abe to do drainage, fit fence posts etc. In addition to providing me with a Stump Grinder, Log Splitter, winch.

Dry weather performers these kind of handlers in my experience.

thanks, i heard track can rip u peoples gardens pretty bad. Thought this might be a good all round solution.

This guy is running his machine all year round...

Helhetslösningar | Konceptlösningar | Sifferbo Mini Entreprenad AB

thanks i'll check him out

I use this one [ATTACH]102860[/ATTACH] Mainly on the flat

But I've never used it in a woodland for the price you might be better off getting a small tractor with a loader on the front.

As for attachments stuff like the flail ( hydraulic powered ) make sure you buy one with the bigger pump other wise it's real slow.

I had a quick read of your other thread about starting up, I wish you the best of luck :-)

Yea, im wondering about access potential for the smaller one. But i'm thinking i should get one that can at least lift a ton. Might be too big to get through average garden gates though.

Thanks!

Mine has performed well on all ground conditions and slopes, it does especailly well in the snow and on the chip pile

excellent to hear.

Brilliant machines, the 420 is powerful, can lift reasonable amounts, and the attachments are pretty good!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

i`v used both go for the biggest you can afford!!

the 200`s are ok but lak power its easy to try over work the smaller machines!!!!

as said various times above you might be better getting a tractor with a loader!!

considering all options right now. These machines appeal to the kid in me.

Great machines! I've used one over the last year with bucket, forks and grab attachments. Great for small spaces with the artic steering and lifts huge lumps. It didn't struggle the other day lifting 35" beech rings cut to 2ft.

cool

Thanks for all your replys.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent machines I run a 750 and a 635 ive got loads of attachments, go anywhere. The 200 attachments don't fit the other machines so go for the biggest you can.

I can see the benefit in going with the 400's as you make a good point regarding the attachments. How are they in the mud, I'm thinking the smaller lighter ones would be able to go more places than the bigger ones. Unless it really is the case that i should be looking at the biggest i can afford. Having read an accident thread about a stump grinder, i think the hydraulic option would possibly have safety benefits.

The bigger ones are better in the mud, they have big fat flotation tyres on the big models

Cool, so im thinking about one that could lift about a ton. Seems that's a useful size from posts on here.

I'm thinking about how to transport all this stuff to sites. would trailing the Avant and say mounting a chipper on a tipper truck be a useful configuration for most projects?

I would love one of these machines. A contractor i do work for has several of these and i think they are good little machines that can lift a suprising amount. As said, go for the biggest you can afford. If yu have the work for an avant, it won't take long to earn its money. They tow well on an ifor williams or similar trailer. I don't know where in the country you are based, but if you google 'Affordable Access' (they are in Romsey, Hants), they hire these out with various attachments.

I love the little 200, like a go kart, 4wd with dif lock, doesent lift much in weight, but real usefull, my favorite, the bigger machines are good, let down by lack of oscilating central pivot offroad, but the 7 series has a big design flaw-a single ram off center makes bad weight distribution, my girlfriends firm broke theirs at the bearings lifting heavy weights

the equivilant gianni ferrari loaders are awesome though

if using a timber grapple the front of the machine and pipes need protecting big style-pipes easily pop, remember theyre not forest machines

I would love one of these machines. A contractor i do work for has several of these and i think they are good little machines that can lift a suprising amount. As said, go for the biggest you can afford. If yu have the work for an avant, it won't take long to earn its money. They tow well on an ifor williams or similar trailer. I don't know where in the country you are based, but if you google 'Affordable Access' (they are in Romsey, Hants), they hire these out with various attachments.

thanks for the link, checking em out. Ideal situation would be to hire one for a while and try out the different sizes.

I love the little 200, like a go kart, 4wd with dif lock, doesent lift much in weight, but real usefull, my favorite, the bigger machines are good, let down by lack of oscilating central pivot offroad, but the 7 series has a big design flaw-a single ram off center makes bad weight distribution, my girlfriends firm broke theirs at the bearings lifting heavy weights

the equivilant gianni ferrari loaders are awesome though

if using a timber grapple the front of the machine and pipes need protecting big style-pipes easily pop, remember theyre not forest machines

I've seen a few now with additional protection, mesh screens and reinforced roofs. Nice suggestion, and thanks for the tip with the 700. So i guess the 200 is the only one with the oscilating central pivot. Starting to think i should start small and work my way up. Do you think the 200 would go through an average garden gate?

Im thinking about the log lifter, grabber, bag hook, stump grinder and log splitter. Was going to get a separate chipper. have you used any of these attachments?

None of the Avant range has the oscilating joint, theyre designed for flat ground. think it'd be fine without in the uk, on domestic stuff though, not a major problem, just something they should do imo

Dont know if the 200 fits through a gate, theres no real gates or fenced in gardens here, look on the avant specs, think a uk gate is 37inch iirc

the log lifter rotating timber grab type attatchment is great on the bigger machines (bigger machines counterbalance the weight lifted straight out better), means you can back out draging brash/logs, if you have a regular grab/muck grab thing, if the log or branches are 4m long, you need a 4m wide gap to get through

not used the chipper or grinder, used the back hoe attatchments though