Need some milling done near Ipswich

MaverickGR

I dug out a tree as I have a customer that wants to use half a tree with some branch and root still attached for a bar top.

Access was more difficult than expected so I need to get it cut in half, presumably by an alaskan so we can get each half out of the garden. the main stem is about 500/600mm wide. At the branching point closer to 1000mm. I am thinking that at the root end milling as close as possible and then rolling it 90 degrees and finishing it free-hand might be the only way to get the width cut. (flares out to about 1200mm). About 4m long.

Looking for somone to come and mill, I will meet you there with a couple of guys. Cut it and then give us a hand getting it out. Ideally later this week/saturday/early next week.

If you know of someone that might be interested but does not use arbtalk then please PM details to me. I can email some photos if that helps.

Thanks

Edited by MaverickGR

I'd put some pics up here as otherwise I don't think you'll get many takers... also is this going to need milling through the root ball...?

If so you're looking at smashing up a couple of chains on a big set up so just to factor that in as well as the time sharpening etc.

:001_smile: