Ausa CE11 Forklift fuel pump

Quickthorn

I know someone who's just got one of these forklifts, fitted with a 3 cyl isuzu diesel engine. It's been stood for several years, and won't start. It will turn over, fuel is getting to the fuel pump and you can hear the stop solenoid click when you start, but no fuel is coming out of the fuel pump.

I know this is a bit vague, but any ideas what might be the problem - common faults etc? The previous owner parked it up when a hydraulic hose burst, so the engine was running when it was abandoned, but this was 3 or 4 years ago.

3 pot Isuzu rated at 35hp? Can you hear the fuel pump ticking? I think that it may be an engine we use and it is fitted with an electronic pulse pump which clicks away feeding the rack. Try testing the pump.

Thanks for the replies

sounds like the rack is stuck or the stop solenoid is goosed take the stop solenoid out and see if it works and push the rack with a screwdriver try and fire it up with the stop solenoid out but get ready to push the rack to stop it

Yes, this is the advice he's been given. The solenoid clicks when you start, but I'm not sure whether it's moving any distance. Any ideas how the solenoid comes out? He's tried turning it, assuming it's screwed in, but it just spins without unscrewing. I can't see any obvious bolts or clamps.

3 pot Isuzu rated at 35hp? Can you hear the fuel pump ticking? I think that it may be an engine we use and it is fitted with an electronic pulse pump which clicks away feeding the rack. Try testing the pump.

Yes, the electric fuel (lift) pump ticks when the ignition is on, and it delivers clean diesel ok.