Rope Knight Throw weight

Paul Smith

Cary, There may be only a dozen scenerios that the RopeKnight will get stuck. I throw or bigshot almost every day and to date I have not been able to get the Rk stuck on the job and the testing field.

The line is the going issue for me. Sinking into soft bark, friction wraps and the tight inclusions.

There are scenarios to avoid of course and things to try if and when the scenario may present itself. I will refer you to the Specific Instructions and Helpful Hints and Tips.

Trusting yourself to throw is what it is,

Best of luck and thanks for clarifying

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any time man :) and trusting myself is key, but nobody is perfect, hitting a limb or the trunk and having the RK bounce wildly is scary around pricey real estate, it will for sure do more damage in that scenario than a bag that will conform and absorb some shock ;)

all in all, wonderful idea, but like any other tool, it is not suited for all types of throwing.

CDG

any time man :) and trusting myself is key, but nobody is perfect, hitting a limb or the trunk and having the RK bounce wildly is scary around pricey real estate, it will for sure do more damage in that scenario than a bag that will conform and absorb some shock ;)

all in all, wonderful idea, but like any other tool, it is not suited for all types of throwing.

CDG

Cary you say "bounce wildly". I think you are imagining things, its predictable what happens when it hits a limb. Bounce/throwing wildly? Your points seem to be lacking clarity. It will deflect and bounce with more vim and vigor. True

But I and many others prefer this feature opposed to traditional Bag that falls short of its target and gets jammed and stuck because of its malleablity and surface tension.

RopeKnight is a speed freak! It is designed to fly past sets of leaves and twigs and continue its descent through all the shrubby bits to you on the ground. Faster, smoother with ease from the throw to the ground and through the crown. Personally many arbclimbers prefer it for that feature and less worried about not hitting the target.

Cary you say "it will do more damage" and again I suggest you place the vinyl protective sleeve or foam or use the Bigshot if you need more accuracy.. Being able to throw or shoot well in this industry is crucial. Plenty of money can be regained if this is done professionally.

Cary you say the "bag will conform and adsorb some shock" and this is good only when it hits a none target. What happens when it meets an obstacle in the tree, on the way to the ground, on retrieval or isolating your tip?

A malleable bag conforms and hangs up, tires out and snaps throwlines, wastes time and money. It can be very frustrating.

RopeKnight does not conform it slips, slides, ducks and weaves and on occassion will throw a punch. Chin up, guard up Man!:boxing:

How do you not get this? What is it that you dislike about RopeKnight?

All your roadblocks make little sense when thoughtfully considered.:001_smile:

Actually, they make perfect sense ( to me) , but it seems you can see no fault in your invention, and that is cool.

I tried it, I just like the Harrison rocket better, it is a great, durable bag that I have gotten stuck only one time ;)

and if it bounces with more vim and vigour, I don't want it around my client's pricey goodies .

anyways, I did say it is a good idea, and it will work for lots of folks, just not me.

cheers man.

My eyes are open but the blinders are on at times, true. My apologies.

Pricey goodies can be replaced, moved or protected.

An injury on the other hand is never acceptable. Throw weight, chainsaws or any tool for that matter.

We just had another RopeKnight client the other day call my wife to say how thankful he was for the product and how well and wonderful it works for him.

Different strokes for different folks.

I hope to sit down some day and share a laugh and drink with you.

Brockville brings back some great memories and beautiful country worth another visit.

:thumbup:

Throw true my friends.

My eyes are open but the blinders are on at times, true. My apologies.

Pricey goodies can be replaced, moved or protected.

An injury on the other hand is never acceptable. Throw weight, chainsaws or any tool for that matter.

We just had another RopeKnight client the other day call my wife to say how thankful he was for the product and how well and wonderful it works for him.

Different strokes for different folks.

I hope to sit down some day and share a laugh and drink with you.

Brockville brings back some great memories and beautiful country worth another visit.

:thumbup:

Throw true my friends.

Anytime Thomas, anytime :) and maybe you can enlighten me as to the better throwing with the RK? ;)

cheers.

Thanks Cary and especially for helping to lift the blinders.:001_smile:

Have you seen our throwing technique the Long Gun technique? it takes the advantages of the one hand throwing style and builds it onto the two hand style. The accuracy increase is 25 to 35%.:thumbup1:

please, give it a try and let me know how it throws for ya.

Cheers

5976618f2da2a_RALongGun.jpg.d94a26bd8f5926803b7e2efb6de7e349.jpg

I will say that I use the Harrison rockets and other beanie bags and I did the math and I have spent quite a bit on bags. I have sprayed quite a bit of lead over peoples backyards in my throw-bag career even from the HRs. I dont think the expense of the Rope Knight should be an issue. As long as you dont lose it. dont know how many 12 dollar throwbags I have lost over the years. I will have to revisit it using the screwlink basket throw. That was definitly the area I had the most difficulty as well as quickly untying and retying as I dont like crash any throw weight to the ground but rather untying them and only pulling the string back through after a miss. Thanks Thomas. Especially for the rope shield which has gotten my rope through some tough tight crotches.

I will say that I use the Harrison rockets and other beanie bags and I did the math and I have spent quite a bit on bags. I have sprayed quite a bit of lead over peoples backyards in my throw-bag career even from the HRs. I dont think the expense of the Rope Knight should be an issue. As long as you dont lose it. dont know how many 12 dollar throwbags I have lost over the years. I will have to revisit it using the screwlink basket throw. That was definitly the area I had the most difficulty as well as quickly untying and retying as I dont like crash any throw weight to the ground but rather untying them and only pulling the string back through after a miss. Thanks Thomas. Especially for the rope shield which has gotten my rope through some tough tight crotches.

yep, it is the bomb :)

Environmentally Aluminum and Stainless steel is a good choice. Mining will always be hard on the environment and the use of other metals in a weight with the potential to spill out back into the environment compounds the waste of resources, renewable and nonrenewable.

RopeKnight can be recycled or reworked and machined to new. We offer a Life Time Guarantee.

Arbclimbers are quite attached to their Rk's and are personalizing them in ways similar to Zippo lighters. I like flying the Canadian Flag and the Incredible Hulk on mine.

We sell them las an anodized blank slate. You choose the colour(choose a nail polish colour, its tuff stuff), sticker, engrave or take it to your Tattoo artist for something seriously personal and meaningful to you. After all it is the start to your climbing day and nothing is cooling than throwing your very own personalized weigh. We personalize hard hats and other stuff.

Losing a weight really sucks, hasn't happen to me and I am still throwing my orginal I consider it to be like a watch or piece of jewelry. Enjoy it while you own it, keep an eye on it and have a special place for it.

I am proud to say Ropeknight will not contribute to further fouling of the environment and fouling of your own local environment.

Proudly Independent

Cheers