I am fuming - advice / feedback wanted.

Tom10

I think the TO could have discussed his thoughts with the contractor on the day and not been underhand and dumped a sneaky TPO!

This could encourage contractors to cover their backs a little, all of which will degrade the professionalism, bad move by TO imo!:thumbdown:

My thoughts too.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ringbark everything to be cut as soon as you get on site.

This can be to clearly identify everything to be cut.

Very very good idea - one I will be passing on to people I work for, and remembering for my own work.

The only things is its a shame to have to do this because we cant trust our local TO :sneaky2:

Thats great.

Talk about ring barking trees on a public forum with a homeowners section.

Then on some other thread talk about how professional you are because you have insurance and wear PPE.

This is wrong on so many levels.

Thats great.

Talk about ring barking trees on a public forum with a homeowners section.

Then on some other thread talk about how professional you are because you have insurance and wear PPE.

This is wrong on so many levels.

:001_huh: What a strange reply.

Tell me whats not professional about ring barking a tree that is being removed anyway.

:001_huh: What a strange reply.

Tell me whats not professional about ring barking a tree that is being removed anyway.

If it's going to be removed anyway, why ringbark it, and why make such suggestions on a public forum, looked at by homeowners.

You lot are the professionals...you tell me.

If it's going to be removed anyway, why ringbark it, and why make such suggestions on a public forum, looked at by homeowners.

You lot are the professionals...you tell me.

If a homeowner looked at this thread what are they going to be unhappy about. I dont get it? I am a professional, and i cant tell you because I dont get your point.

The reason behind the ringbarking (if you have read the posts relevant to it) is because my local TO has stopped a job due to stupid reasons. If we had ringbarked it we could of removed the tree which we had clearance to 2 weeks ago before he arrived and made himself some paperwork by TPOing them.

Am I missing something?

Erm...

Does everyone reading this get that the tree is being removed. not ringbarked and left.

OK Tom I get that you genuinely don't get what I'm on about.

What I am saying is that you people have suggested ring barking a tree that in the scenario outlined in this thread may be laudable. Although I don't agree that preempting the TO in this manner is a good idea.

What if someone wants rid of a tree to improve their view or light or whatever.

Here we have a load of pro tree surgeons suggesting how to go about it.

That is what sits badly with me

Edit: meant to quote your previous post asking me what I'm on about

Edited by Albedo