MS200T Erattic engine revs!?? Help!

Big T

Hi,

I have an MS200T, I started it today after storing it in the shed for a month or two. On tickover the revs are a little erattic, if I move the saw the revs pick up. When I squeeze the throttle it will stall unless I squeeze it slowly and then it will rev out fine........Im assuming its a fuel problem, any ideas?????

Regards,

Anthony.

Hi,

I have an MS200T, I started it today after storing it in the shed for a month or two. On tickover the revs are a little erattic, if I move the saw the revs pick up. When I squeeze the throttle it will stall unless I squeeze it slowly and then it will rev out fine........Im assuming its a fuel problem, any ideas?????

Regards,

Anthony.

Make sure the fuel is fresh and let it run for a bit before trying it again, it sounds like a number of issues. It may be worth undoing the L screw 1/4 turn and trying it again but this sort of problem may be an air leak leaning the mix down or could be a gummed up carb.

The problem also could be the old accelerator pump issue - if you have a known good carb then try this out as it will prove what the problem is.

The carb may need a good cleaning and rebuild but a new one would fix it at a cost.

Hi,

Regards,

Anthony.

got the same problem with mine,cleaned carb,fresh fuel still the same. was thinking air leak.so new manifold coming this week so will see.

got the same problem with mine,cleaned carb,fresh fuel still the same. was thinking air leak.so new manifold coming this week so will see.

It is possible it is the infamous accelerator pump issue, a known good carb will tell you one way or the other! If it is a carb issue, sometimes an ultrasonic clean can resolve it but other times it needs the pump to be blanked off or the whole carb replaced.

It is possible it is the infamous accelerator pump issue, a known good carb will tell you one way or the other! If it is a carb issue, sometimes an ultrasonic clean can resolve it but other times it needs the pump to be blanked off or the whole carb replaced.

hi spud,

thanks ive got a ultrasonic cleaner for my diving regs,

what fluid do you use? degreaser ok? by the pump you mean the air pipe to the carb that operates the diaphram ?