Figure of Eight on harnass bridge?

tuttle

Likewise, I can't see how to change over from hitch to 8 without either taking it off the bridge or threading the line through from the loose end.... going to be 90 degrees out as well....

You could pass a bight through the big eye the clip a krab into the bight but it seems a bit OTT imo

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

I was wondering when this query would arise.

Put the bight through the large eye, step into the bight, pass it over your head, and back on to the fig 8.

Detach or reconfigure the other bits and off you go.

I was wondering when this query would arise.

Put the bight through the large eye, step into the bight, pass it over your head, and back on to the fig 8.

Detach or reconfigure the other bits and off you go.

Blimey.... I can see me ending up tied in knots and dangling in mid air with no hope of escape if I tried that....! Presumably at some point in this process the line you're hanging on will become crossed over with the line you're descending on...? Or are they the same line, so if you do lose your footing and don't have a strop on as well [which presumably you couldn't or that would get tangled up too] you'll tumble by however much slack you've pulled out to step through....?

When I wanted to shoot down for a sandwich... [or a pee, more frequently] I found a branch [easy in a tree], oiked myself up a bit to put some slack in my line, pulled the 8 into the slack then clip onto the bridge with a crab.... very quick, certainly quicker than climbing through massive bights....

To be honest though, since swapping to a VT though I haven't bothered with the 8..... :001_smile:

What's the point in the time taken to muck around doing that you could have got to the ground and not had to do the hokie pokie to descend :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

I agree with Ewan.

(Plus I like the fact that he said Hokie Pokie)

sounds like a nut slaper on the walk to your cuper from tree

would speek to somone with loler knowlage as its not what its desinged for. Some fig 8 dont have ce mark its made to just create friction and should be backed up with a prusic in use. A large dmm or isc ring will solve you problem but if it sute you all good

• 4 weeks later...

What ever happened to just a biner and a munters hitch? Rings on bridges are used because they rotate and wear is distributed somewhat evenly around the inside diameter. The fig 8 will just wear in 1 spot, i'd still like to see you play jump rope in the tree to come down for a cuppa lol