Looking for that elusive break!

RHA-adam

So guys, with less than 12 months to go until my service is terminated and my cs. 30,31,38 and 39 plus all the other shiny gubbins due to be booked just before Christmas I'm on the look out for that elusive break into the industry. What it is I'm looking for is the chance to get real, valued expiriance under my belt. As yet I have no formal arb training. However in return I offer other qualitys to the potential mentor-

- discipline

- initiative

- pride in work undertaken

- politeness

- the ability to take orders and execute them to the letter

- fast learner

- a sence of humor

- reliability

- plus so much more from many years of military training and life expieriance.

I'm in Wiltshire near Salisbury but regularly frequent Gwynedd in north Wales! So I'm asking the great community of arbtalk do they have the time to educate someone like me or do they know of any one who might be on the lookout for something of the like? I am coverd by life insurance and am happy to discuss with anyone further details or even compile and deliver my c.v.

Guys I sorta realised this isn't me strictly looking for employment so i posted it in general but do apologise if this is in the wrong section!

And a final thankyou to everyone who has given advice and guidance so far, great bunch of lads!

Adz

So guys, with less than 12 months to go until my service is terminated and my cs. 30,31,38 and 39 plus all the other shiny gubbins due to be booked just before Christmas I'm on the look out for that elusive break into the industry. What it is I'm looking for is the chance to get real, valued expiriance under my belt. As yet I have no formal arb training. However in return I offer other qualitys to the potential mentor-

- discipline

- initiative

- pride in work undertaken

- politeness

- the ability to take orders and execute them to the letter

- fast learner

- a sence of humor

- reliability

- plus so much more from many years of military training and life expieriance.

I'm in Wiltshire near Salisbury but regularly frequent Gwynedd in north Wales! So I'm asking the great community of arbtalk do they have the time to educate someone like me or do they know of any one who might be on the lookout for something of the like? I am coverd by life insurance and am happy to discuss with anyone further details or even compile and deliver my c.v.

Guys I sorta realised this isn't me strictly looking for employment so i posted it in general but do apologise if this is in the wrong section!

And a final thankyou to everyone who has given advice and guidance so far, great bunch of lads!

Adz

You've got a good attitude so that's an important start.

Everyone gets into this industry differently, many fail due to a lack of opportunity. I personally suggest you get:

CS 30, 31, 38, 39, PPE, and one reliable chainsaw.

That sets you up as a qualified groundsman and with a CS39 complete you can start to climb in time.

Once you've got these, contact people, loads of people. With persistence and more importantly luck, you will find work.

Theres people who have worse attitudes than you already working in this industry I'm sure so good luck with it all.

ps I know an ex army fellow who came out and done the above tickets, set up self employed and now has woodland contracts with huge estates within 6 months of starting. Its about finding and seizing opportunities.