Kindling machine hire

• 3 weeks later...

I think its because there are so many people doing kindling now, we looked into hireing a kindlet out and the time it takes, costs involved it was just easier and as cheap to buy it in and spend those 2 weeks cutting logs.

I think everyone needs to hire a kindlet once just for the experience of making your own kindling. But its a bit like making bagged logs takes longer than you hoped. Thing I over looked when I started was how long it took to prep off cuts to 6 inch.

hi good luck i hire my kindlet out its slow this year i charge £400.00 for 2 weeks and i havent got many bookings at all.

I went from 80 tonne a year to 250 tonne over a year but this year is slow!

I'm down 50% on sales this year from april to july. Last july 60 split cube sold and this just 12. Cashflow gone to pot. I'm trying to find an excuse like the treasury do everytime the figures get worse!

I went from 80 tonne a year to 250 tonne over a year but this year is slow!

I'm down 50% on sales this year from april to july. Last july 60 split cube sold and this just 12. Cashflow gone to pot. I'm trying to find an excuse like the treasury do everytime the figures get worse!

I would sit tight. I dont think people are in log mode until they have had a summer ( which is this week ) . Last winter was mild and logs a plenty ( and cheap ) I think alot of people after the previous winter were overstocked and managed to get through last winter. So this winter if we have a cold snap in October less people will be doing logs and alot of people will be run out. Because last winter was mild the public have lost the idea of stocking up in July.

Last winter was a waste of time for us on logs luckily I had plenty of other work on.

I think its because there are so many people doing kindling now, we looked into hireing a kindlet out and the time it takes, costs involved it was just easier and as cheap to buy it in and spend those 2 weeks cutting logs.

I found the same when I did the sums. It was cheaper for me to buy in rather than spend 2 weeks flat out using a hired machine.

You might get some takers if local supplies are limited, but you may have to drop the price a bit.

I would sit tight. I dont think people are in log mode until they have had a summer ( which is this week ) . Last winter was mild and logs a plenty ( and cheap ) I think alot of people after the previous winter were overstocked and managed to get through last winter. So this winter if we have a cold snap in October less people will be doing logs and alot of people will be run out. Because last winter was mild the public have lost the idea of stocking up in July.

Last winter was a waste of time for us on logs luckily I had plenty of other work on.

I will sit tight cos there ain't a lot else on at the mo. I seem to have no end of people starting up on logs not realising the hassle involved. I only do it cos i enjoy the felling side. I must have 15 people/farms/ businesses doing logs now within 10 mile of me! Its not an easy buck as you know, and when you expand your customer base you still have to supply the quality product!

How these people expect to find decent cord to season in time when they are inundated with calls is beyond me?