Next Arb Show?

_AmyBaxter

Little bit single minded mate tarring us all with the same brush:sneaky2:

Probably would spend more money if we didnt have to spend it all travelling to the other end of the UK to get to an arb show.:001_tt2:

no arb shows,slashed tyres and lots of rain:blushing:

you should have stayed in hay on wye:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no arb shows,slashed tyres and lots of rain:blushing:

you should have stayed in hay on wye:001_rolleyes:

Hahaha, very true! At least glasgow has a bit more excitment. Hay was full of book shops and tourists that steal your parking space! And i dont get a parking ticket for parking outside my own house!:lol:

Last year IIRC there was two shows up North, Arb Fair North and Clarks show at Dumfries, i believe Arb Fair North will be every two years, dont know what Clarks are planning. TBH everyone moans whereever the shows are held, but realistically turnouts are pretty poor. if people dont attend them there will fewer shows.

All shows start somewhere, from an idea for need in an area, from a dealer who wishes to promote his business. if you want a show in your area, esp right up in the Scottish regions, get a group together, with a dealer maybe, and run your own show. push it on a forum such as lets say Arbtalk, encourage others in your area to participate and ta daaa you have a show!! :001_smile:

i think if the show gets a good reputation people will travel to it! eg hillhead, or con expo in vegas, i really think that stands at shows should pull out all the stops and try to beat online prices for the day... why would you buy something and carry it around all day, then home when you can usually buy it local or online with no hassle?

As we've said before on other threads, those days are gone. You may get one or two bargains here and there though. We cant have it all ways, more gear is sold all year round via the web than is sold at trade shows, so net prices are going to be cheaper. It costs the trade a lot of money to pitch up at a show, to staff it, to pay for the nights out and down time setting up the stand, so you see its not always viable to slash prices further. The people who gain are the show goers, you can try before you buy, you can ask questions about products,you can meet other arbs and chill out over a beer, and you even get to throw axes about:thumbup: with the economy as it is, i think we're lucky to have any shows at all.

fair point about the costs, though i do think there has to be a new element brought to them to keep you interested, id like to see more equipment as theres a bad selection over here, thats why im going, im in the market for either a vahva jussi, farma kranman or avestavagen trailer at the moment and id like to see them so i could compare... i wonder what are the chances of seeing more along the same idea?

I get your point to a certain extent. The shows do need that little "something else" to Keep them appealng. This is why Steve and I came up with the Axe throwing... Give something else to do and raise funds for charity. Take a look at the spec for Joneses show, free camping, music and the 3peaks tree climbing for Help the Heroes, plus of course axe throwing comps and more. All we need is people to turn up and participate, and if anyone has an idea of what else they want, then approach show organisers and put it forward...you never know!