Uploading Pics

Albedo

When I had a PC I could attach images from 'my documents'

Now I have a macbook so I'm moving an image from iPhoto to Finder then trying to attach it. It isn't working.

If I 'go advanced' and click on the attach image icon, it asks for the URL of the image. My pics are not out there online on Flicker or anything like that so they don't have a URL as far as I know.

Any help on how to upload pics from a macbook appreciated.

Thanks for the advice Paul but I'm still a bit stuck.

If I click on the image in iPhoto so its got the yellow surrounding box.

Am I then clicking 'image attach' back in arbtalk or still in iPhoto.

I can't find an 'image attach' in the menu bar of iPhoto and arbtalk isn't spotting the image I've highlighted from 'attachments' or from 'insert image'

Can't quite follow the instructions mate, I'm sure its me being a bit thick:001_smile:

Could you do a real dumb version please if you have the time:blushing:

Use Photobucket? Very handy for this sort of thing, it even gives you the full img code.

Thanks for the tip but I'm trying to do it without storing stuff online. I have an aversion to all my stuff being somewhere like iCloud, flicker etc. I'm also not on Facebook so a bit of a dinosaur in this stuff as well as in tree work.

Paul's post says it's possible straight from iPhoto so I'll bide me time till I can figure how to do that.

Thanks anyway, unless I have misunderstood what Photobucket is which is always a possibility:001_smile:

Right while its not raining I'm going to go make some stakes for sorting out me mams rasberries so chainsaw on a sunny bank holiday weekend = not popular with neighbours.

I'll just do about 4 for safety.

Please feel free to resolve this mystery in my absence:thumbup1:

Cheers Rich...... BUT...

If I go to Finder and click on pictures it appears as one long list of 7000 photos.

If I go to iPhoto, everythings organised in 'events' and 'albums'.

Thats why I initially tried to take a photo from iPhoto stick it in finder then upload it from there.

This has worked but I had to go thru the 7000photo long list so its a bit random and It would take a long time to find the photo I want.

It is however a start in the right direction

597660c6ea896_bhujung34.jpg.352c5e6964c8d0ac85c3d38d1103aa63.jpg

Cheers Rich...... BUT...

If I go to Finder and click on pictures it appears as one long list of 7000 photos.

If I go to iPhoto, everythings organised in 'events' and 'albums'.

Thats why I initially tried to take a photo from iPhoto stick it in finder then upload it from there.

This has worked but I had to go thru the 7000photo long list so its a bit random and It would take a long time to find the photo I want.

It is however a start in the right direction

is this photo one you have taken? if it is that is amazing.....:thumbup:

is this photo one you have taken? if it is that is amazing.....:thumbup:

Hi Adam Thanks.

Yeah taken in Bhujung Nepal in about 2001. Since I got the macbook I've scanned in a lot of my old photos so this is a scanned in print.

Going thru the big list in finder you get a little preview image so I knew which picture I was posting. Just don't want to go through 7000 little preview images every time.