SRT M system

Ewan Murray

I think the concept is brilliant but it does need a back up, a Rocker or Shunt should do the job.

I won't ever buy one because I live in Surrey but if I climbed trees 40+meters regularly I definitly would.

This is the kind of guy that keeps this country alive! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Edited by Old Mill Tree Care

Ok so I thought I would jump in on this one as I dont believe Michael is on Arbtalk and if he is he may not know this has been posted.

Firstly, I have tried this system. It is very efficient and simple. It also seems like quiet a natural set of body mechanics and the muscle memory required is developed very quickly.

On the other hand, I do agree with some of the comments posted already. A backup would be nice but it would obviously influence the simplicity of the system.

The upper ascender is telescopic and packs away reasonably small. And remember this is only a prototype made with what Michael could easily get hold of.. If it were to go into production im sure it could be made stronger and slightly more compact. So please dont knock it before it has even come to market. I personally had my reservations about the wooden wrenches but i made one to try anyway.

With regards to it being bulky and not wanting to drag it round the tree with you, the answer is simple, just dont. I usually zipline my srt gear down when im done ascending anyway. I like to keep the gear hanging off my harness to a minimum.

Anyway I will try and get michael on here to chat about his ideas but if anyone is particularly interested his email is at the end of the video which i expect you watched.

If anyone has any other questions drop me an email at [email protected] :thumbup: