Fishing tips?

Gerbutt

Are there any good fisherpeople out there? I'm off to Howbrook Dam Sheffield tomorrow and would like a couple of tips please? The water holds carp, tench, bream, roach, chub, orf? and a few other little bits. Near the wall it's 20ft deep and about 5ft at the neck. With all this heat which end do you think I'd be better off going? I mainly fish using either a method feeder or a maggot feeder. As the wind is hot, should I just go to the end or side where it's blowing in my face? Cheers, Ger:001_smile:

Are there any good fisherpeople out there? I'm off to Howbrook Dam Sheffield tomorrow and would like a couple of tips please? The water holds carp, tench, bream, roach, chub, orf? and a few other little bits. Near the wall it's 20ft deep and about 5ft at the neck. With all this heat which end do you think I'd be better off going? I mainly fish using either a method feeder or a maggot feeder. As the wind is hot, should I just go to the end or side where it's blowing in my face? Cheers, Ger:001_smile:

have fun mate :001_smile:, personally i would try the shallows with floting bait on a needle float, such as floating bread, small shots on the leader to sink the line slightly, in this weather they will be rising, try it and see, if this fails try corn, meat boilies or halibot pellets on the bottom, or go with the maggot feeder :thumbup:

Cheers, I've got some crab liquid stuff to put in my ground-bait and pellets so will defo be giving that a go. I will take another rod with me to try and float some pellets if they are trying to rise and also have a go at what you said. I went for a walk round the other day and there was fish everywhere, seemed to be loads of big bream about a foot under the surface but didn't see any carp?

have fun mate :001_smile:, personally i would try the shallows with floting bait on a needle float, such as floating bread, small shots on the leader to sink the line slightly, in this weather they will be rising, try it and see, if this fails try corn, meat boilies or halibot pellets on the bottom, or go with the maggot feeder :thumbup:

Second that:thumbup:

I'd go for floating dog biscuits, i'd fire a few in to a few spots and keep an eye open for taking fish while your setting up then feed just 5 or 6 biscuits every couple of minutes to get em competing for the bait, then over cast the fish an gently tease the hookbait into the feeding fish,

Easy to prepare hook baits too, just put a couple of handfulls of dog biscuits in to a collinder and pour a kettle full of boiling water all over them then put em in a sealed tub and leave em till morning, they'l look exactly the same as the free offerings but will feel spongy and you can push a hook straight through em!

hope that helps a little, floater fishing is my top summer method an tends to sort the better fish out.

Tight lines

Nellybelly

I love floating biscuits, I find it one of the most exciting methods I've tried. Got a 23lb with is my pb from a boat lake in the middle of sheffield, you would have never have thought there was anything in there but went for a walk round one day and couldn't believe my eyes, about 10 or so good carp upto 30lb I would have said, free to fish as well!