Research Papers

Tribaltree

Hi, can anyone assist me in my lost state?:scared1:

I'm currently searching and searching for research papers that mainly concentrate at the history of arb in the last 100 years, I don't mind what area it covers, if its to do with the evolution of chainsaws or pruning techniques I really am not fussy.

but anyway any help would be appreciated.

I'm actually studying a HND and this is one of my first essays, I just have to focus on the history of arb in general and pick an area to focus on. I also have to look at major developments within the last 30 yrs, I believe what you are looking at Tom will help a lot, I have looked at shigos work but at the moment I still haven't had my loan come through so books are limited to me at the moment.

tribal,

the arborist equipment book give an interesting insite in to kit development in the states if you read it.

also dig out some of the old classic books like brigmens tree surgery.

if you are a member of the rfs you do get use of the libary at tring, so you could go in there and have a look.

also the FC papers arb reserch notes from alis holt would be interesting to go over, and if you are a member of the AA, they hold a copy of all the old news letters and jornals, you can arrange to go there and go through them, that would be fun if you had the time.

hope those sugegstions help.

o and if you are any good you can go through all my old papers mags etc since orriginal colleg notes and sort from 84 on!!!

one last through, last year merris wood had a birthday and andy down there put a lot of stuff together he may have soem info

hope that helps

kev

Wow, thats a lot of information and I'm not the only person who is greatful.

My fellow students and I feel there is almost a lack of information available unless you are a member of either of the Societies. As poor students we cannot afford memeberships as of yet.

Perhaps someone could make information a bit more available as the more information available the better we learn.

But never the less I am very greatful for your assistance, over the next three years we are no doubt going to be looking into more research and any that is available would not only benefit us but inspire us to look into different areas to improve techniques for Arboriculture.

Thanks a lot Arbocop :thumbup1:

no problem tribal tree

gloster not a millon miles away from the aa and they are a charity to advance the science and understanding of arb so you may well be able to plede povery to get in.

also all the assosiatioons offer student rates AA ISA and the rfs is a snip anyway.

when calling the AA i suggest that you ask to chat to nick eden and tell him you have spoken to me or guy watson both be happy to help. (proper name kevin moore)

also the isa do have a lot on line

cheers

arbocop