Wood treatment

Dannymc

IMG00130.jpg.192360a33271ebf2dc3151046733aec7.jpg

IMG00131.jpg.2a37ad1026b59263c1087f37546afbd8.jpg

IMG00132.jpg.99be2e166ee163e0a89fe30252d5d45c.jpg

IMG00133.jpg.53dec1ccd7d597c4811693c2a9aea062.jpg

Here are the pics I could find.

On my own I can put a yurt up in about an hour, if there is someone with me it could take 30 minutes.

All in all our yurts cost £4500 each thats canvas, my work time, a yurt makers yurt time and cost of me milling all of the wood for the trelices.

The canvas is cotton from Afganistan and is put together by a ships sail maker.

You can get a second hand waterproofed canvas for about £400.

The ones we have are roughly 18ft in diameter and there are 3 2 sleep in and one for storage my project for next year is a 40 ft comunal space inc a stove.

Rough calculations I may have some structural dificultys and the stove is a big health and safety issue at the moment, the National Trust are big on their risk assements but I have a plan to get around it. We used local larch for the walls, giant redwood for the doors and ash for the roof wheel but I am planning to make one for myself using just larch as we have a plentiful supply. I will keep you informed on how its getting on.