People wanting stuff on the cheap and keeping the peace.... ??

swinny

Why should they care if some muppet want to loose money cutting their grass.

This thread is very amusing, how often do we have threads asking for the cheapest supplier for some item or service, I've never read a post where people are concerned that a saw supplier may not be covering their costs and really should not discount their saws so much :001_rolleyes:

We are all in control of what we charge and who we work for, as they said on Grange Hill "just say no":biggrin:

Quite right Dave... the question we have to ask ourselves though is how far our responsibility goes?

Personally I see it that if I am involved in a transaction with anyone, it must be fair to all parties and everyone needs to make a profit. This is important to me because our USP is impeccable service. I can only give this if the people I employ are making enough out of a job to do the same. Subcontractors love working for us, we pay well and we pay promptly, and we help them out if they need it. It all conspires to give our clients the best possible job for their money. And I prefer working for clients who appreciate that. Makes life much more enjoyable!

It's not in anyone's interests in the long term to reduce profitability. We all need to make a decent living. It's better to earn a lot and spend a lot than earn not much and spend not much. Basic economics, everyone wins. And there aren't many of us left these days who can stimulate and uphold this theory. So I take my responsibility in this role very seriously, some [like my wife!] say almost too seriously! :blushing::laugh1:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic