Wages in london?

Dave Alviti

No drama, I am perfectly calm mate. The OP asked what he was likely to expect in London. I responded.

As did yourself. I would love to be paid 300 quid a day but that is an unattainable goal. I was just trying to keep it real, Mr James.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in 2012 a Bootneck would need about £142/hour for a night out!

I know some very good London climbers (freelance) on around £150/day.

I drank a lot of drink , and had a lot of fun:lol: and most nights we didn't even leave the show till about 10 ish, back then most pubs closed at 11 or 11.30 so we would fill up fast b4 closing then go down town to the clubs and stay till about 5 ish, back then i was well on form even had hollow legs, we would then have to get a taxi back as the underground would be shut or if you stayed out longer they would re open again, they were the good old days. £150? your tools wouldn't be very safe , in a park , in a card board box.:lol: only pulling your leg, but i'd charge £300 a day and i think that would be very fair.

I think in 2012 a Bootneck would need about £142/hour for a night out!

I know some very good London climbers (freelance) on around £150/day.

Hi Mark ,forgot to say it wasn't all fun, while i was there in London i was mugged 3 times, twice by nife point and once by claw hammer, all that training and all them ninja films didn't help, when some one sticks a nife at you neck, close and up front, you just empty your pockets, i think the hammer one was the worst, and there was also the old sketch, meet a nice girl, she says wait here while i book a room? and you never see her again:thumbdown: Jubilee!, i hope they have all got loads of money cus its a s hole place to live. Iv had fun like this all around the world, was also mugged in Mississippi BY GUN POINT AND YES THERE WAS A MARK IN MY PANTS THAT NIGHT,and another time in Miami after a fight i was in , i nocked the mugger out and did not realise he had a gun, stubby i think they called it, i felt my self turn white that night, so here i am today happy to be alive, thats just a few of my 9 lives, and thats not even talking about the 2 seasons working up the trees in Aus. London? i hate the place.:thumbdown:

No drama, I am perfectly calm mate. The OP asked what he was likely to expect in London. I responded.

As did yourself. I would love to be paid 300 quid a day but that is an unattainable goal. I was just trying to keep it real, Mr James.

Thats cool, no drama with me:thumbup1: and you can call me Jim:001_cool:

Thats cool, no drama with me:thumbup1: and you can call me Jim:001_cool:

yeah rich im with jim on this one. £300 a day sounds fair..... you ever need contract climbers Jim bro? Im £299 a day il even buy you a coffie in the morning with some ''get real tabs in it'' PM me for details. cheers Aaron

yeah rich im with jim on this one. £300 a day sounds fair..... you ever need contract climbers Jim bro? Im £299 a day il even buy you a coffie in the morning with some ''get real tabs in it'' PM me for details. cheers Aaron

Hay Aaron, hows it going? rates any better out there? 450 ozy dollar? i did work in and about Sydney over 2 years on and of, loved it, b4 i left the uk i thought id seen and done some big trees but boy you'v got some BIG sticks over there, Sydney was a great place to work but best was going to work on a tinny going across the waters to Scotland island on the north shores of Sydney to work on the gums, big big trees, i had the best time of my life and kings cross was good fun to, we lived in Palm beach, must of been around 1999/2000, i think the last time i was there the Olympics was about to start, i'l give you a call when i next need a good contract climber £299 and a coffee its a deal:thumbup: two's, bv , bongs, 5 plants, its all coming back to me now:lol: