SRT ideas with the hitchclimber pulley

Timmy

Hi pedroski, how does that actually work? Ive not seen one in the flesh but they just look like an ascender to me?

They can be set so they run free on the rope with no drag at all (completely self-tending and there as back up for you) so you can move up and down the rope using your hitch. They also have a cam so that they can be set in place on the rope yet still slid along it. You can use it to unweight the hitch if the hitch has gripped tight, and then rapp down on the hitch. And you can use it as an ascender in combination with the hitch for climbing up the SRT line. It's dead easy. And with a lanyard the rocker makes for really precise work positioning.

the rope wrench works fine but i dont believe that the design cant be improved upon. I'm not keen on its positioning. It's just another thing to get in the way and its really close to your face. Surveyor has some nice ideas especially the pulley/rack but that isnt midline attachable.

SRT systems for treework are relatively new and there seem to be a way to go before there is a system which fills most peoples criteria (mid-line attachable/cost effective/durable/easy to use)

How is the RW close to your face? and it is a design that can and is always getting improved, there is also room for other types of srt work positioning ools just like in drt. SRT for tree work is not new it's been around for several years its just that drt works so well.

How is the RW close to your face? and it is a design that can and is always getting improved, there is also room for other types of srt work positioning ools just like in drt. SRT for tree work is not new it's been around for several years its just that drt works so well.

I don't know where you use your wrench but for ascending and decending it is very close to the face, as for the OP buy a unicender it is head and shoulders above the wrench

I don't know where you use your wrench but for ascending and decending it is very close to the face, as for the OP buy a unicender it is head and shoulders above the wrench

I never noticed it getting in the way the few times I,ve used it, but I am a dinosaur technique user preferring this for work positioning over srt which I am no stranger to just always found it cumbersome and awkward for fine positioning work and find other srt techniques easier/more effcient to use for access and limited work positioning.