Vauxhall Combo won't go

ukminch

We are showing our age on this thread Alec.:blushing::biggrin:

I fear so Geoff. Is now a good time to admit to being able to strip and rebuild the carb on a Vauxhall Nova in under 20mins, or to having set points (points? what are points? etc.....:blushing:)

:001_smile:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to report back as promised.

I finally got round to looking at it this afternoon. It had been bugging me all day about the timing, especially after a further chat with the driver.

First thing I did was take off the little inspection cover on the end of the cam, and the cam sprocket was wobbly. Obviously major mechanical so it's gona be going to the junkyard in the sky. If anyone wants any parts off a 54 combo give me a shout.

Thanks again

R

Ouch,thats a bad outcome,I was hoping that 'us old ones' were going to get proved right for once:001_rolleyes:

:biggrin:

Thing is theres Agg running an Allen scythe on aspen...& me just running on borrowed time.:laugh1:

Bad luck - I think it just shows they don't make 'em like they used to.

BTW Geoff, if you get a chance, could you see if the air filter for the Allen Scythe is kicking around anywhere. It runs really nicely on Aspen, but less well when it sucks in a whole nettle...

Alec

Bad luck - I think it just shows they don't make 'em like they used to.

BTW Geoff, if you get a chance, could you see if the air filter for the Allen Scythe is kicking around anywhere. It runs really nicely on Aspen, but less well when it sucks in a whole nettle...

Alec

Will have a rummage.:001_smile: