Gri Gri 2 Users ?

born2trot

if you are going down that route, i'd say a rig is a much better bit of kit for it, much easier to install and it has a lock so it wont creep. the rig isnt much bigger unlike an ID.

Jamie

Hi Jamie , it looks a nice bit of kit , at $170 dollars quite expensive . ( didnt know the Gri Gri could creep ) :001_smile:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've only ever had one creep that wasn't fully loaded, the RIG is a nice bit of kit and can be locked very easily, unlike a grigri which requires a knot or a stop needs a loop of rope.

Jamie

Guest Billabong

I have worked with the Petzl Rig and ID in confined space and never had one open when I squeeze through things. I roll over the edge of buildings aswell and never had a problem, you'd have to be doing something very wrong for it to open because the plate faces up and really if not ascending or decending it should be locked so even if you did manage to open it the rope is locked in the cam anyway.

The Gri Gri 2 is a great bit of kit but it is intended for belaying in rock climbing and when there isn't load on it the rope isn't gripped by the cam. Ideally you want something that has a locking cam

Edited by Billabong

Yeah I hear ya bro but all gear in tree work has to be triple locking- the rig isn't, that's all. It's a great bit of kit but I think it shouldn't have the openable side, just have the two sides the same ya know?

Guest Billabong

Thing is the rig and ID are designed for rope access. When we do rope to rope transfers you slide the plate open and put the new line in, imagine hauling up a 80 metre rope and having to thread it all the way through if it didn't have the sliding plate, it just wouldnt work. Also after ascending a rope in your chest croll, you open the plate and put the rig/ID into the system under the croll to transfer into descend.

A Gri Gri has no lock at all, ok you can loop the rope over but it's not fit for the use of work positioning. Also if you're inexperianced and load it upside down, you're gunna hit the deck pretty quick