horsechestnut weight?

testcricket01

A good crane operator will have a fair idea of the section size he can lift.

last time i had a driver who had never done tree work with cranes before.

i think im just being paranoid its one of these jobs that has been in back of my mind worrying about it. it should be fine i cant see them limbs weighing more than 3 tons apart from the big lower 1 on the left maybe but then thats closer to the crane so will be able to lift more. only thing i need to watch is what i sling into making sure its solid. :thumbup1:

they are some hefty limbs they look alot smaller in the pics though, in the flesh they are big lumps.

I'd agree with the previous poster I reckon most of your lifts will be around 1 ton with maybe the last butt being upto 4 depending how you do it. to be honest your better off making more 1 ton lifts than over doing it anyway, 1 ton in part size from a tree is a descent sized pick, plus I bet you've not got more than a 6" chipper on the ground.

There is a time and place to go big that one looks to me to be a smooth and steady tree, which you will find will be surprisingly fast once you get into the swing of it.

I'd also not use the hook to work to many risks, judging by the fine tips still on the tree it doesn't look to bad, but i've not seen it in the flesh.

I use the hook to set the bigger timber as it makes it easier to manipulate the chains with a high anchor, then i'd go to the stem to make the cut, although i've not done much crane work personally.