New toy....

Stihlben

im going to have to erect another barn if i get another, ive now got 2 BMC mini's, a leland 154, a massey 135 and now the major.

did have seven leylands (384x2, 270x3, 272, 245) at one point but theyre long gone now and a long list of grey fergies and a couple of E27N majors.

thinking of something with a winch now...

yep, it was the bmc mini 9/16 (bmc a series 950 engine)

then the nuffield 4/25 (1500 engine)

then the leyland 154 (same as nuffield 4/25)

and yes i am a subscriber to classic tractor and tractor and machinery....

i may have to find somewhere to post the photos of my stationary engine collection, and then my coolection of vintage farm/logging machines and tools (last count there were 70odd cross-cut saws in the container)...

Picked up a 'new' toy this morning, should be a good'un.

runs well just in need of a cometic restoration, needs a bit of work but nothing major...

has spent the last couple of years running a sawbench.

Diesel Major!, looks the part, I broke my left hand thumb with one of those when a teenager, hung over on frosty saturday morning snigging thinnings out and wheel hit a high stump spun steering wheel, whoolup thumb facing wrong way.:001_rolleyes:

im going to have to erect another barn if i get another, ive now got 2 BMC mini's, a leland 154, a massey 135 and now the major.

did have seven leylands (384x2, 270x3, 272, 245) at one point but theyre long gone now and a long list of grey fergies and a couple of E27N majors.

thinking of something with a winch now...

I think at some time in the distant past you leaned on a farm gate and contracted “collecting shite farming tackle disease” :laugh1:

It’s an incurable condition that forces sufferers to visit farm sales and auctions and compels them to fill every available space with obsolete farming equipment.

Sufferers can experience long periods of remission but the condition can return suddenly and without warning.

No cure or therapy is available and while the condition can lead to divorce it is seldom fatal.

I think at some time in the distant past you leaned on a farm gate and contracted “collecting shite farming tackle disease” :laugh1:

It’s an incurable condition that forces sufferers to visit farm sales and auctions and compels them to fill every available space with obsolete farming equipment.

Sufferers can experience long periods of remission but the condition can return suddenly and without warning.

No cure or therapy is available and while the condition can lead to divorce it is seldom fatal.

i think i must be a long term carrier of this.

tractors, implements, stationary engines, logging saws....

anything cast iron and rusty:biggrin: ive got a container load of rusty bits that 'might come in usefull one day'...

i think i must be a long term carrier of this.

tractors, implements, stationary engines, logging saws....

anything cast iron and rusty:biggrin: ive got a container load of rusty bits that 'might come in usefull one day'...

Collecting parts is an advanced state of the condition, it’s often the precursor to divorce