Is it really all its cracked upto be?

looker123

Here we go, well i was watching a programme earlier on TV about moving to oz and working there.

They were saying that there is alot work out there are begging for people to come over and fill these vacancies. I was looking on the skilled occupation list an it seems tree surgeon has been taken off the list as of april 2011 i believe. I dont quite understand it all but i have heard of point system? then theres getting visas etc.

So Is there quite alot of work out there? Is it all its cracked up to be?

I would only want to go out there for 6 months or so, max a year.

What are the requirments, i dont have any experience atm but i should hopefully be starting a job with a local tree surgeon in may, would say 6 months be sufficient? obviously i would still be learning alot, but would i be any use to them?

I know quite a few people who have moved over there and they love it

anyone ever made the move on here?

A working holiday is different to residency... the occupation list to which you refer covers what areas there is a shortage in so qualifications in these professions will ease residency applications.

If you just want to go out there for a year you just need to apply for a working visa for that time, you don't need experience or qualifications for that, it's what backpackers go out on, my bro in law is off there on one again soon.

ah right, i am getting my head round it now. I see jobs for aus avertised on arbjobs, how would you go about getting one of them?

Do most people just go out there on a working visa with nothing and get work off there own back, or have something in place?

Think it would be a great experience

Cheers

I can't really answer that one with conviction because I've not done it myself, but as I understand it, when 'students' go there travelling, they just pitch up and use the local rag or word of mouth with other travellers, or an agency. But those jobs are more menial tasks I think, basic farm labouring, call centres, that sort of thing.

If you want to do arb work then you are probably best off contacting employers directly from here and explain what you're after and how long for, just as if you were looking for temp work here. Once you find someone who will take you on you can book your flights, get your working holiday visa and away to go.....

Try this site... Backpacking Around Australia | StonedCrow

Edited by WorcsWuss

Here we go, well i was watching a programme earlier on TV about moving to oz and working there.

What are the requirments, i dont have any experience atm but i should hopefully be starting a job with a local tree surgeon in may, would say 6 months be sufficient? obviously i would still be learning alot, but would i be any use to them?

Do you know how big some of the trees are over there?

:lol: Fair point! I get vertigo just watching them on Youtube! :lol:

I know people with years of experience, who have come back after two weeks. Usually saying it was the spiders, when we know it's the height. I wouldnt dream of it... And I think anyone with no experience who'd put themself up for that is mad.