029 super

Mark.a

hi i got offered a 029 super for a good price so i bought it

its a 1999 model it had been run for under 3 hours in total then it was put back in its box and only removed for its yearly service. i know this to be true as the seller is a neighbor

the saw is in brand new condition the piston ect is immaculate

the only problem is that the saw bogs down easily and seems to be lacking in power.

is this just because the older engines werent as powerfull or is there anything i can do to get a bit more power out of it ?

thanks

Mark

If it really has only done 3hrs in 13 years and has been serviced (properly) then there should be no physical engine problems.

The problem is almost certainly due to extended storage with stale fuel in place which could manifest itself in perished fuel lines and or carb diaphragms as well as coating the insides of the carb with a 'varnish'

However, if it really has been serviced annually then this should have been attended to at the last service so fuel should be no more than a year old. This is still plenty old enough to cause problems as 30 days is the maximum recommended storage period.

I would suggest in the first instance trying fresh fuel, but if this does not sort it, a carb clean and re-kit, folowed by carefull tuning should hopefully put it right.

thanks for your responses

the first thing i done was drained it and put new fuel and chain oil in it as i didnt want to run it on degraded fuel

i talked to my neighbor and she gave me the service sheet.diaphram was changed on the last service just over 3 weeks ago

is there an exhaust or carb mod that will give it a bit more oomph. its currently bogging down while im trying to cut 12-15 inch copper beech :confused1:

or is that the best old saws like that can do ?

yeh i bought a brand new chain and bar for the saw when i got it.

i'll put the saw into the shop to see whats wrong

thanks for the info

Mark

Probably best. Take it back to the people that serviced it in the first instance. They should be keen to get it right, at least,they deserve a chance.

I agree with Jamie that it should not have needed a bar at 3hours. Something a bit strange here.