shopping time! looking for some feed back on kit

Dilz

money is in the bank, sales are on, got to get my shiny thing fix,

among other odds and ends, i need a new cambium save, saw the sirius multisaver, thought that a 2 m length would be good, but never seen one or met any one who has used one so if any one has any feedback on these that would be cool,

also the Harke smocks? any good for climbing / felling in the bad weather, need something thats hi'vis and up to the job. again any feed back would be cool

go for a pulley saver, really easy to install and loads of applications

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_zDuHgVbBk&feature=related]pulleySAVER - YouTube[/ame]

check out this video.

with the jacket you need to speak to Diana Darbyshire at Sawpod she's got smocks made from Ventile which is a super high weave cotton so its breathable and really water proof.

I use one and it works really well.

It's a bit more expensive then a Harkie but well worth it and you can customise it to have whatever you want i.e hi viz, hood etc.

check out sawpod.co.uk for their contact details

my issue with the pulley saver is the same i have with the art positioners, they cost a lot and its not a good idea to rag them out of the tree, though this is advised with all cambium savers but have done so for years with no ill effects, and before any one questions why i need a new cambium saver ..... i lost my old one in woods when i had to bail out of tree and dump my gear in a very disorganised manner in masses of brash due to eating the fish at lunch the day before......

I would replace your Cambium saver or go with a rope guide. As for the smock , they are excellent bits of kit. We've just been issued them at work with our logo etc on the back and they look top. My workmate has had the "test" one they gave the company for a year and its still waterproof and very , very tough. No rips , holes or signs of wear. But they are not breathable , but lovely when the northerly winds are biting.

The harkie smock is pretty good for felling in the rain/ice/snow but I can't climb in it as it turns into a sweat box! had mine nearly a year and it's standing up to the usual arb abuse. solid jacket but I'm sure there's much more breathable out there.