What Tree is this from?

Pete B

Question

Hi, This has been growing in my garden for the last 1.5 - 2 years. Tree is about 5ft tall. The largest leaves are 12cm X 6cm at the longest/widest points. Its in full leaf now and all are green, although some of the upper leaves (near top of tree) are a lovely bronze red colour. Leaves are quite tough and shiney.

What type of tree is it, its been bugging me?

Cheers - Pete

52kgeh.jpg

To be honest I would be very peed off if you cut down a tree on my property without first asking, also tipping creosote on it has done you no favours as the stuff stinks. Hope you can sort it out easily.

Pete, you’ve already fessed up in a public forum; so, there's no place to hide now! Seriously; Sloth and others have given you good advice i.e. honesty and sincerity is the best policy and nobody would wish to punish the man who takes the first opportunity to correct a wrongdoing once better informed . Veg and Paul Barton also make some good points. I would add that, apart from trespass with criminal damage, inappropriate use a creosote could also be viewed as an offence under the EPA, and possibly under the Control of Pesticides Regulations....so maybe a nice box of chocs of bottle or vino would be a good idea t'boot. Good luck

Pete Bannister......in no way knowingly related!

Thanks for the reply’s. As I've mentioned, the owners (the people who planted tree) moved out mid December. They have rented the property out and the new people moved in yesterday (3rd). I cut the tree down on the 2nd so the owners will not find out unless they decide to move back in the future.

After I cut it down and realised it was not the wild weed of a tree, which i thought it was!. I stuck a branch from the tree back in the ground next to the stump. Will this grow back?

Regards

Pete