tippers for under 5 grand

bill

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ford transit is the best reason cheap cheap cheap to repair easy many parts simple engines go for TD that extra omf is worth it.

4 stage tipper can push many tonnes and can tow lots of weight 3.5 legally. but many go over towing there chippers with full loads any way

Ford transit is the best reason cheap cheap cheap to repair easy many parts simple engines go for TD that extra omf is worth it.

4 stage tipper can push many tonnes and can tow lots of weight 3.5 legally. but many go over towing there chippers with full loads any way

Not imo, pre 2005 cabstars are the best small work horse period! I've had new transits, new and old cabstars,isuzus, mazdas, cargos,TK's, infact i've had god knows how many trucks over the years..

You'll never go wrong with a well looked after cabstar , yes cabs are tight and they're not good off road, but they carry the weight far better than a transit, and don't break down!

Telhol, Like Rolla, I've owned nearly every type of commercial vehicle out there, and I have a pretty low opinion of transits. I think there best point is there's a lot of choice - but as a true commercial, I find them sadly lacking.

If you'll search around, you'll see what I think of Unimogs aswell... and again, I'm talking from experience, not hearsay.

• 2 months later...

Cabstars are the best 3.5t tipper you can buy - no contest. This is purely down to their build quality and reliability. Transits and LDVs are just big old bone shakers in comparison - my tractor is more refined! Spare parts might be cheap, but they need to be - because your going to be buying a lot of them if you invest in a tranny or ldv!

We have a cabstar which is great for getting in small places and has a decent size body, but its very cramped at times with 3 men, a jack russel, lunch and waterproofs. Its slow with a full load and very slow towing a chipper, but its better all round than our mates transit who helps out form time to time.

Does anyone have an opinion on the 3.5 Mitsubishi Canter?

I've been following this thread with interest as i'm needing a 3.5 tonne truck, had an ldv reasonably new what a pos dash rattled, slow crap at towing when trying to get up hill's wouldn't have another!

Seem's jap vehicles are the way to go , either a canter, cabstar etc. Could do with extra room in the cab for jacket's, dog, staff so maybe a crew cab would be a good idea. Does anyone rate the iveco's as they seem to be pretty good tool's?