advice on some woodland i have my eye on..

''''A purchaser will be asked to enter into an overage agreement where 50% of any uplift in value on granting of planning approval and where the land is either sold or developed will be due to the vendor, this to last for a period of 25 years.'''''

Riverside Wood, Rowlands Gill, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear | Northern England | Forests.co.uk

As others have already said that is what the vendor is asking for (bit cheeky if you ask me) - what you offer does not have to be the same.

But make very sure that you and your solicitor fully understand one another when you submit a formal offer.

regards

mac

I hate these clauses and on principle would never accept one.

They allow a vendor to dispose of an asset and the hassles of ownership and still take a portion of any future gain without any risk taking at all.

By all means make a counter offer but without the clause. Otherwise walk away and let some other mug get shafted.

http://www.kinnoirwoodfuel.co.uk

its in a very nice area hence why they have probly put that clause in , most houses around there are 300-4k .... however id be happy to not build on it but just small scale timber storage and recreation til i could maybe build a eco home.

going past xmas eve for another look around-- - thanks again for clearing some items up

if you get to own l would look at a management plan for the woodland, and discuss this with the local authority. If the management plan is accepted by the local authority you should not have to go back to them every time you want to do something in you woodland as long as its in the plan